Commercial Stump Grinding set-up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankFuego

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I wonder if some of you could give me advices on commercial stump grinding.

Thing is, I would like to start a stump grinding only company and focus on city contract.

I know my competitors uses either Tow Back stump grinder or Very big auto-propelled stump grinder.

They mostly have a team grinding and a team picking up dirt. What I’d like to figure out is how to have a set-up that do both.

What I think of is :

Isuzu dump truck towing a trailer with a clam at the front (a clam with a bucket to pick up dirt and not logs ) and the bandit 2900 stump grinder at back. It would them be possible to grind the stump and pick up everything begore you leave.

I have never seen a set-up like this but I figure it could be productive.

Let me know what you think of that.

Thanks

Frank

Do it. Tell us how it works, with pics of your setup. Loading the dumptruck from the trailer?
In my experience, getting rid of the debris is more important than making it. Get paid for your garbage.

You don't know till you try.

I've been in this long enough to see my better ideas become SOP, and stuff I designed and tested now standard in the market. Sadly I was always so busy working I didn't cash in on too many of them.

Back