I found a Unicorn and took it home today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
20190807_163106 (1).jpg

20190807_163227.jpg

20 yr. old, 5.7, About all options,4x4.Z71,HD trailer pkg.leather,locking 3.73 rear, etc.etc.etc.
20190807_163335.jpg

pulled the carpet off so it did'nt get rained on and found this..............

20190807_203438.jpg

2 hrs from my home, it made 18.1mpg driving it home across some hilly country and I'm sure it can do better w some tuning.

I have a 91 F-Super Duty 7.3L, frame looks nearly like it did off the assembly line.
Has around 50k miles on it.

Picked up a 97 with 58k on it. Just got the dump hoist done on it yesterday. Dump hoist cost ~5k... nearly 2x what I paid for the truck.
Wanted to DIY, but needed the truck NOW and have way too much other stuff to do too.

Found another yesterday, bad engine, somehow threw rod at 120k mile, but has 6 almost new tires and nice 12ft bed, $1500.

I could very well be wrong, but was it repainted? Reason for asking is there are no side badges on it. It looks to be in great shape, good deal even if it was repainted.

I don't know but the window sticker says "medium charcoal gray metallic" I put new calipers,rotors,hoses, pads on the front and a new master cylinder. I pulled a drum and it looked like the rear brakes are original and were never adjusted, the shoes were not worn much @ all. The adjuster on the one I pulled turned easily so I put the drum/wheel back and adjusted them, letting it roll down our street and braking a few times. About the 4th time the rear tires chirped and the drums were warm after a short ride, stopping a few/5 times.
I need to replace the leaking oil pan and valve cover gaskets and I'm also going to upgrade to the new style fuel injectors soon.

I cleaned the throttle body, it was a bit sticky when I twisted the butterfly by hand, it was actually cleaner than I thought it may be when I pulled it off.Now it idles a bit more than before and I can drive 45 on flat roads w no peddle at all and the peddle is not as heavy as before the cleaning.

Its won several trophies even though I put do not judge on the windshield placard.

I worked land surveying 3 summers when I was in high school in '82/4. 3 of us riding in a burb of that vintage. It was a 2wd, straight 6, w the 3 on the tree and loaded up w a heavy custom plywood cabinet to hold all the surveying gear,hubs,stakes,iron pipes, etc.etc.It would get stuck on grass w dew on it, any amount of mud on a work site and the skinny, rear mud tires would be spinning back and forth as whoever was driving it was smashing the clutch/gas and stirring the column shifter back and forth to get it unstuck. Many times we had to call one of the other 3 trucks in the company on a CB or someones phone to come pull us out w their newer 4wd burbs. That old truck had about 200k on it back then and it just ran and ran for many more years w regular maintenance and repairs.

Back