The MOST $$$ I’ll spend on a new chainsaw is...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like the 500I is going to be a hit!

Went to the store today to pick up a few spares to make a little kit to keep in the chainsaw box and couldn’t resist a look and pick up of the bigger saws. 361, 462 and 661. As fun as it was, they are all too bulky and heavy for my needs, but they sure would be a blast to use!

Sounds like the 500I is going to be a hit!

Went to the store today to pick up a few spares to make a little kit to keep in the chainsaw box and couldn’t resist a look and pick up of the bigger saws. 361, 462 and 661. As fun as it was, they are all too bulky and heavy for my needs, but they sure would be a blast to use!

So you didn't pick up a 201T and go " I wonder........"? :yes:

The 500i model has been available in the UK for several months now, an acquaintance I know has one and likes it a lot, dealer in the next county sends them out the door for GBP 985. Our local dealer is at GBP 1325, go figure that out
That’s an amazing price! Here you won’t even get the ms 462 for that!

Never bought a (brand) new saw, never will. But some of the saws I own did take some (and sometimes ridiculous) reasoning and talking :p. Most expensive saw I ever bought was about $800 US - a Yanmar rotary engine chainsaw.

General price range for me was 50 - 100 bucks if complete, not running OK. But I am healed now - haven't bought one in 3 years :dancing:

Never bought a (brand) new saw, never will. But some of the saws I own did take some (and sometimes ridiculous) reasoning and talking :p. Most expensive saw I ever bought was about $800 US - a Yanmar rotary engine chainsaw.

General price range for me was 50 - 100 bucks if complete, not running OK. But I am healed now - haven't bought one in 3 years :dancing:
Haha I love it! Good going!

@AlfA01
What's your price shipped to Australia
For a 462 or 500i
I know they pay a premium for saws there.
I wouldn’t import a saw because should any problems arise i’d be stuffed haha.

I must admit, the MS180 I own is so refreshingly easy to work on that those simple machines i’d be happy to, but fuel injected or m-tronic I don’t think would be as easy some how:angry:

I wouldn’t import a saw because should any problems arise i’d be stuffed haha.

I must admit, the MS180 I own is so refreshingly easy to work on that those simple machines i’d be happy to, but fuel injected or m-tronic I don’t think would be as easy some how:angry:
Same here but the 462 is available in carby in greece.
For the stihl lover's.
I'm a husky 2 series man

Latest posts

Back