Stihl bar 30030016622???? Can't Find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly Justice

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi newbie here, I need help finding a replacement bar for my stihl 041av farm boss. The number on bar is 30030016622. I can't find this part number online anywhere. I would be happy with finding just the nose sprocket and replacing that. I assume it's an old part number but still can't find any cross references. Thanks in advance!

From what I can gather, your bar is the 3003 ie mid size Stihl mount and a 20 inch bar. I don't know if noses are still available, but Bailey's or Madsen's would be where I'd check. If yours looks to be in the condition of the bar in the linked ad, it should be replaced.OEM STIHL CHAINSAW BAR - 3003 001 6622 | eBay

From what I can gather, your bar is the 3003 ie mid size Stihl mount and a 20 inch bar. I don't know if noses are still available, but Bailey's or Madsen's would be where I'd check. If yours looks to be in the condition of the bar in the linked ad, it should be replaced.OEM STIHL CHAINSAW BAR - 3003 001 6622 | eBay

Yes mine looks like that, I was hoping to find an Oregon bar that would fit. Thanks for the reply

Thanks! Geese they are expensive. Hopefully I can find a used one in good shape
Welcome to AS @Hillbilly Justice. I'm just up the road from you in East Berlin. I'll check my bar stash and see if i have anything that may work. The stihl shop i use has a bunch of good used bars but i won't be there till tuesday.

Or you buy one of the many AM brands like oregon.
I would use oregon just for the ease of use of their chain and bar selector.
Select your brand-->type-->railsize-->pitch-->barsize
And you get a list of serialnumbers that will fit from home owner low kickback cheap versions to speedier pro more expensive versions.
I don't see how a used bar can be a wise investment.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Hey thanks! Glad to see somebody on here so close by
There's a bunch of us in the area. I looked at the bar I have but it's only an 18". It should fit your saw if your interested. Have the chain too. My Stihl guy wasn't in today to see if he had any good used bars. The young boys there didn't know much.

I don't see how a used bar can be a wise investment.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Because in the homeowner to semi professional power saw range, a lot of owners/users seem to forget about mixing oil into the fuel. So fairly low use, low hour saws end up at agents workshops that are deemed uneconomical repairs. All these saws have a guide bar- many of those guide bars are in near new or at least very low wear condition.
So if you can befriend a local dealer that will sell you the bars off of these kinds of saws at a reasonable heavy discount from the new equivalent guide bar......... it begins to look like a used bar can become a wise investment to me.
I will happily admit a few of my own Stihl's run and have spare bars that came off of other peoples damaged saws.

@bob
Thanks, that explains a lot. Here in Germany the second hand market is insane.
New bar 40 euro.
Like new bar 38 euro.
Very used 30 euro.
It's the same with every powertool or related item.
I get the distinct feeling dealers prefer to throw these items away to sell more new ones.
It started just 10 years ago I think. Maybe it has to do with the availability of Chinese grade stuff?
I don't understand it. Just reporting.

In the Netherlands it is a bit better.

Good to hear overseas you can still get a deal if you need to get creative. Didn't think it would be that different.

(And silly me, thought East berlin would be in Germany for a moment [emoji849])

Those guys!!!!!
Never knew their name.
I’m a regular there.
Thought yours was closer
Worth the drive. They are the best. Were you ever upstairs? If not tons of saws they use for parts. Lowell the mechanic is the coolest and knows his stuff. Going tomorrow to produce auction and then see if they have a good used bar for @Hillbilly Justice.

Back