Let's see how you store your saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I know it's not a bad problem to have but I outgrew my chainsaw storage. I've posted the first one before, so pardon me repeating myself.

This is what I started with..
picture.php

Which worked great for 5 saws, but I recently acquired quite a bit more and had to make some changes...
picture.php

In hindsight, I would've made it even taller, and spaced the saws a little further apart. I was hoping to only use two sides of this rack, but the saws were making contact, so I had to use all 4 sides, but it is holding 14 saws with room for one more.

I would love to see what you guys have come up with...

I know it's not a bad problem to have but I outgrew my chainsaw storage. I've posted the first one before, so pardon me repeating myself.

This is what I started with..
picture.php

Which worked great for 5 saws, but I recently acquired quite a bit more and had to make some changes...
picture.php

In hindsight, I would've made it even taller, and spaced the saws a little further apart. I was hoping to only use two sides of this rack, but the saws were making contact, so I had to use all 4 sides, but it is holding 14 saws with room for one more.

I would love to see what you guys have come up with...
So are you saying you only need one more saw?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

27a5c01a8a314a6e861e505ceeee2afa.jpg

Twelve. Plus six on the floor. 4’ x 4’ x 2’ deep. I also have an 8’ long section stores thirty six more.

Large ‘window’ (22”) allows me to lift one from the back row over the front row.

$30 in wood from Menards.
I wish I had room for that much storage. Looks good. Nice saws.

Why would any one want to store a saw? If you have not used some thing in a year or two its time for the scrap metal pile. The only saw that has not been started lately is a MS 270. It has gone through two Ignition boxes and will try to get some more aftermarket boxes and see what happens. Some times I just take 4 saws just for the change. Thanks

Wow, when my wife gives me a hard time about all of my saws I'm going to show her your collection.

Some times wives do not understand more saws mean more joy. Ask her how many shoes does she need and she will tell you very sternly that they are all necessary. Of course then there is me who is not married, cutting firewood way easier. Thanks

Why would any one want to store a saw? If you have not used some thing in a year or two its time for the scrap metal pile. The only saw that has not been started lately is a MS 270. It has gone through two Ignition boxes and will try to get some more aftermarket boxes and see what happens. Some times I just take 4 saws just for the change. Thanks

Have some that haven't been used in likely 40+ years.

BCCA9850-9B40-4515-9F9E-2FD9DE21BC01.jpeg
As long as I take fuel, everything I need to cut is in each box.View attachment 754528
Awesome idea, I personally love the powerbox, it really is an awesome way to transport a saw. I only have two right now, I use one as a goto box for firewood in which it holds the saw and everything else to maintain and sharpen it. And the other box I use for all my milling gear and more special tools.

Anyways this is how I store my 3 work saws

Back