• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Mcculloch 895

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As sawfun stated 404 063 is a common chain. I run it in full comp and full skip
depending on bar length. I have never run an 090g so I have not experience
but I would say maybe they would be close. An 090g with a 137cc top end
may have the edge over a 797g.

Don not sure where your info came from on 5 variations. I have had many of
these apart and the only differences I have seen is the 797's versus the supers.
797's have thin rings and boost ports. Early supers have thick rings and boost
ports as well as the Tillotson HL103 carby. Where later supers have thick rings
and no boost ports and the Walbro SDC carby.

As sawfun stated 404 063 is a common chain. I run it in full comp and full skip
depending on bar length. I have never run an 090g so I have not experience
but I would say maybe they would be close. An 090g with a 137cc top end
may have the edge over a 797g.

Don not sure where your info came from on 5 variations. I have had many of
these apart and the only differences I have seen is the 797's versus the supers.
797's have thin rings and boost ports. Early supers have thick rings and boost
ports as well as the Tillotson HL103 carby. Where later supers have thick rings
and no boost ports and the Walbro SDC carby.
Lee, another very knowledgeable member had clued me onto the different porting versions of the std 797's. The numbers on the right side (engine upside down) give that info. 137cc, especially ported, are hard to beat for a one man long bar saw. I'd love to give your 101g a long bar run, but honestly would not bet against the 090g, they are just that good, at least with 72" and longer bars.

I have a 640g and this thread has me wanting to put aside all my other projects and go mess with that one lol. Sorry for being off track, GLWS
I also have a 640g sitting on a shelf. Reading this thread has me wanting to do the same. Put it on the list of next projects to do! BTW... DID ANYONE BUY THE 895???

How many guys can actually handle these saws now days? I bet the number is pretty small...
It's more like how many guys know how to set the chain per the particular job. Those jobs being few and far between these days. The big gear drives are a very specialty tool and their operators should reflect that.

Back