Homelite Super XL fuel issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbus5sp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I’m working on a this saw for a friend and he says it leaks fuel. He borrowed it from his dad and after he used it was leaking fuel in his garage. I pick it up and find that yeah it definitely has a venting issue. So I play with the cap and with the cap slightly untight it doesn’t have any issues. I think I’ve found the problem. Then I emptied the premixed trufuel that he had added and added my mixed gas from the gas station. The saw then stopped having a venting problem all together. I called some local repair shops to see if they’ve seen this before and said no. Has anyone run into this before?

How soft and swelled are the fuel line on that old saw? Especially where the hose fits on over the barb on the carb.
When the trufuel was in the saw and it was leaking it was almost like the carb was breathing. It was pushing fuel out of the gaskets and screws on the carb

Cap has duckbill inside, it’s probably bad and should be replaced. This will correct venting issues with cap.
Pulled the duckbill out today and it looked brand new. I ordered a new one anyways just in case but man this saw has me confused

Back