572xp anyone else have one yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at least make a flange that bolts in place of the muffler and weld a pipe that directs the exhaust away from the saw. I think if its too big you might get some reversion and suck back in unburned gas, better to get a tuned pipe with a chamber to help it evacuate hot gases.
Why not just make a flange and weld a megaphone on it. Much less noise to bother neighbors. :laughing: Logically in the big scheme of firewood cutting is a ported saw or muffler mod really needed? Ran a stock 262, 371 both for over 15 years with no problems. Racing, faster cutting (by how much),louder and cool factor that is a different discussion. But, for average weekend firewood cutter a modern 50,60,70 or more cc saw with a sharp chain will fit most people's needs. Believe knowing how to sharpen a chain correctly is more important than having a ported saw. But wait, ported saw with sharp chain is faster! :crazy2:

Why not just make a flange and weld a megaphone on it. Much less noise to bother neighbors. :laughing: Logically in the big scheme of firewood cutting is a ported saw or muffler mod really needed? Ran a stock 262, 371 both for over 15 years with no problems. Racing, faster cutting (by how much),louder and cool factor that is a different discussion. But, for average weekend firewood cutter a modern 50,60,70 or more cc saw with a sharp chain will fit most people's needs. Believe knowing how to sharpen a chain correctly is more important than having a ported saw. But wait, ported saw with sharp chain is faster! :crazy2:
You should come up to the gtg this year. Sep 13-15.

It's a good time. :)

Plus, it seems like you've run a few ported saws you weren't impressed with.
Ported saws are nice. Miller mod 390 was real nice. Ported 562 is ok, but only see an advantage if buried in wood. Old and just cut firewood, a few extra minutes cutting is not a real problem. It's splitting and stacking that is time consuming. I may need to be ported, hear your saws are very nice and ported saws do have a place and following. No disrespect intended.

Ported saws are nice. Miller mod 390 was real nice. Ported 562 is ok, but only see an advantage if buried in wood. Old and just cut firewood, a few extra minutes cutting is not a real problem. It's splitting and stacking that is time consuming. I may need to be ported, hear your saws are very nice and ported saws do have a place and following. No disrespect intended.
Didn't take it as disrespect. I hear ya on the saw work being the easy part.

20190821_174424.jpg

Here you go SV. Didn't feel like pulling the muffler to show what I did with the baffle, but I basically gutted it as best I could with a drill bit. Not optimal, but as was noted previously the only option for a full baffle delete is to cut the ****er in half.

Stick with a muffler, back pressure ain't a bad thing.

View attachment 754695

Here you go SV. Didn't feel like pulling the muffler to show what I did with the baffle, but I basically gutted it as best I could with a drill bit. Not optimal, but as was noted previously the only option for a full baffle delete is to cut the ****er in half.

Stick with a muffler, back pressure ain't a bad thing.
Haha dude that is awesome. I’m gonna do it one of these days, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back