the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
few small sticks to clear away my new battery saws lots of fun fast lite low noise so your more aware of thing about.. i took up tree yesterday it worked alright off the harness but reckon its not gonna be strong enuff for full on tree canopy flogging & the thumb button for power is nay good when working off handed

thumbnail_IMG_20190809_125752.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190809_131020.jpg

Bought a Makita 18v top handle saw a while ago. It's a bit slower but gets the job done. I too, hate the bloody power button that defaults to off when the saw hasn't been used for about 10 seconds. I mean, it's a top handle for a reason and that reason isn't so I can use the other hand to hit the power button. I can reach it with the thumb of the same hand that's holding the saw, but it's awkward. Am getting more used to that though.

That said, I do like it. Very handy around the mill and neighbours. Nice to have everything on the one battery platform too.

SRT training was fun good day heaps of ideas and gear but none which really took me as the ideal answer but more & more options as you need foot and chest ascenders only certain ropes will work with some gear and so much other clobber while all trick mechanism eg zig zag manuals say fit a in line friction hitch or prusik as back up...

thumbnail_IMG_20190816_140903.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190816_133948.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190816_133940.jpg

well i for-filled my desire for a trailer, all my life i never actually owned one as always had a ute so just borrowed or stole when ever required.. i been looking for a few years but as actual use will be once twice a year i cared not to spendy too much.. one popped up close cheap main bits solid rolled and nicely balanced with just a few hours weld rust kill and paint to get up to spec..

thumbnail_-5634909396400121057.jpg

thumbnail_-5383521213738330279.jpg

well i for-filled my desire for a trailer, all my life i never actually owned one as always had a ute so just borrowed or stole when ever required.. i been looking for a few years but as actual use will be once twice a year i cared not to spendy too much.. one popped up close cheap main bits solid rolled and nicely balanced with just a few hours weld rust kill and paint to get up to spec..

View attachment 754004

View attachment 754005
Looks like a good deal down here for one that good they want near new price.

Looks like a good deal down here for one that good they want near new price.

yeah new for 7x4 basic rig can be a over grand but second hand range $700 so they hold value.. this one seem good nuff to fix its not heavy axle springs or thick floor but will take a fridge motor bike or sheep easy..

Ah a happy chap here i picked up$1100 plus in tattslotto 5 numbers if i got the 6th be a near a $$million... meh next time eh..

stand by T shirt skiing in meter of new snow at Mt Baw Baw Friday looking good :)

Friday 23 August
Summary
partly-cloudy.png

Min 6
Max 16
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 5%
rain_5.gif

Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming northerly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.

stand by T shirt skiing in meter of new snow at Mt Baw Baw Friday looking good :)

Friday 23 August
Summary
partly-cloudy.png

Min 6
Max 16
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 5%
rain_5.gif

Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming northerly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.
All we are getting is rain almost no snow this year.

Me 5 vs mountain 0 thats 5 years in row i managed to line up perfect weather with perfect snow & little crowds.. Thanks to Chris P for the great days company huey and Mt Baw Baw half the price half the distance twice the fun... bit knackered now a lie down be good if only dear bombers can sort out cwood a tip top day

thumbnail_IMG_20190823_115827.jpg

Me 5 vs mountain 0 thats 5 years in row i managed to line up perfect weather with perfect snow & little crowds.. Thanks to Chris P for the great days company huey and Mt Baw Baw half the price half the distance twice the fun... bit knackered now a lie down be good if only dear bombers can sort out cwood a tip top day

View attachment 754889
Look like alot of fun. Wish we got snow dumps like that down here.

Hi

Does anyone know of any place in Australia selling those electronic ignition chips for converting old points saws?

Previously I had bought them off a mob call greenacres on ebay but they are out of stock. I can get them from the USA easy enough but with the Aussie dollar conversion atm I was hoping I could still source locally.

Regards

Adam

Back