Dirty Hand Tools half beam splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a set of tires for my truck on Amazon and it's a toss up. I can save around 120$ by getting them my self and having them put on but if I have a problem with one then I'm screwed. I dont do much online shopping anymore because I ended up with a lot of dumb things like chainsaws off Ebay lol. I try to buy things cash in hand now and not on online but this is a bargain splitter that you wont find at a store. So do u take a chance like I did with tires or go to lowes and buy the dht splitter?

I just bought a set of tires for my truck on Amazon and it's a toss up. I can save around 120$ by getting them my self and having them put on but if I have a problem with one then I'm screwed. I dont do much online shopping anymore because I ended up with a lot of dumb things like chainsaws off Ebay lol. I try to buy things cash in hand now and not on online but this is a bargain splitter that you wont find at a store. So do u take a chance like I did with tires or go to lowes and buy the dht splitter?
I learned a lesson! I talked with my son who is 16 and we both agreed we would have made a better choice if we paid a little more and bought a splitter from a store near by! But that's in the past! I still haven't had an answer about my DHT splitter getting fixed after numerous e-mails and they stopped sending me replies after I stated I wanted my money back! They finally replied back to me after I left a negative rating on Ebay and they stated they could help "trouble shoot"?
I'll just start a claim with Ebay if I dont get any results by Tuesday!

Always check the DOT manufactures build date. It may come from old stock that has been sitting in a warehouse for years before they are sold. My tires generally age out before they wear out. Rubber gets old and looses it gripping property's over time.

I learned a lesson! I talked with my son who is 16 and we both agreed we would have made a better choice if we paid a little more and bought a splitter from a store near by! But that's in the past! I still haven't had an answer about my DHT splitter getting fixed after numerous e-mails and they stopped sending me replies after I stated I wanted my money back! They finally replied back to me after I left a negative rating on Ebay and they stated they could help "trouble shoot"?

Ask for a few sawbucks back and go to Harbor Freight and git urself a 13Hp Predator -n- b done with it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/13-hp-420cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epacarb-69736.html

Or the 6.5 hp

https://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-212cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-69730.html

Always check the DOT manufactures build date. It may come from old stock that has been sitting in a warehouse for years before they are sold. My tires generally age out before they wear out. Rubber gets old and looses it gripping property's over time.

I went with 1 step above Chinese tires. Kumhos. And I'm driving a silverado now days with 18 inch wheels running a 2500 size tire which is has been common on 1500s and 2500s for 12 years now so I hope I'm not getting old stock. I wanted a set of cooper at3s but they aren't cheap. The kumho road venture at51 were the same price online as dunntire but the install price was 40$ more a tire before tax. That's a bit much to mount and ballance tires.

I did the same thing on a smaller scale. I bought a chainsaw on Ebay it looked to be new condition and was supposed to be in perfect working order. Worked fine for me for the few times I used it then I pulled the muffler for fun and it was scored badly. In the end I built a better saw and your splitter problem wouldn't scare me to fix but it still sucks. Buy the dht splitter from lowes and it doesnt run then wheel it right into the customer service desk and return it without a receipt lol.

I went with 1 step above Chinese tires. Kumhos. And I'm driving a silverado now days with 18 inch wheels running a 2500 size tire which is has been common on 1500s and 2500s for 12 years now so I hope I'm not getting old stock. I wanted a set of cooper at3s but they aren't cheap. The kumho road venture at51 were the same price online as dunntire but the install price was 40$ more a tire before tax. That's a bit much to mount and ballance tires.

The build date is stamped in raised letters/numbers on the sidewall. If you put a lot of millage on annually you may be ok, but remember the next time so you can check before hand.

Did you use a credit card? If so call the credit company and dispute the charges and tell them whats going on. They have more leverage then you do and can get things resolved when a company gives you the run around. Credit cards are better then cash because they have more consumer protection then cash.

I have had to go that wrought a few times and you would be surprised how fast a company will respond when you sick the creditors on them.

I bought a set of 4 tire and wheel combo for a trailer one time from etrailer and they sent the wrong bolt pattern on the wheels. At first they said they would not except a return, then they said I would have to pay a 150 dollar fee and pay the shipping. I called the credit card co. and within a few hours eteailer call me and arranged for pick and they paid the shipping and gave me a full refund.

Latest posts

Back