Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We run the pump 38 hours every weekend, wish I knew more about fuel v electricity. It's single phase 220
On the foam cut a piece of 1/4 foam 1 x 1 and fold it in half and slide the rod through it at the end of the plate
May want to look at a diesel pump. That's what they use around my place on the sod fields and they are pumping a lot of water. They use the same setup at a tree farm near me. Just have to have a lot of water to run one. I think they are running 8" or 6" water lines.

Steve Sidwell

Yes but all I did was square out the corners of the exhaust and make the intake as free flowing as I could. Didn't change anything else but I did make a thin base gasket and a 4000 muffler cut. It just seems to wake the 3800 up and now it's more zippy

Then make one sans the impulse hole for proper P/V testing.

View attachment 755318

Just the one small hole right? Like the diaphragm on the bottom left of your photo? That's an easy mod I can do. I'd probably make fewer like that on an as needed basis.

I made the drawing changes. Need to cut out a new one this afternoon to check but should be set.

You can see the difference between 3700 and a 3400 or 3800. Top cylinder is 3700 and 4000 shape. Bottom is a 3400 or 3800View attachment 755287

Aww wow so it's not just the lack of chrome on the cylinder wall and the thick rings that make the 3800 run a little different. What did do on the intake side? When I had mine apart I thought about having a little dig around and maybe knife edge the divider. I just couldn't bring myself to do it though lol had the dremel in my hand but I did fix up the carb adapter though it had an abrupt corner in it and a bit of flash around. Also running no gasket

On the intake I only did the carb adapter, made it as free flowing as I could, didn't polish it just used the dremel like you did and a thin gasket.
I just was out cutting rounds with the 3800 and a 3700 both had same new chain and I couldn't tell the difference between them other than the higher compression on the 3700 when starting it

Back