whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I briefly considered offering the same thing. For the change of pace as well.

I looked into it and the liability scared me away. Whether I was being blown smoke or not I don't know but I'd make sure you're covered if it becomes a regular thing.

It won’t be. Took me three hours and I charged 500 bucks. Not gonna make this a habit.

Had this arsehole pine today. Thing was over the primaries and I couldn’t bomb anything big. Had to get out of the bucket and waddle my way up the thing and speedline the branches down. Pulled over the top and went to descend and my akimbo was locked up. Pine pitch.
Had them send up my rope runner and that locked up too.
I think it’s the XStatic rope. I had to descend on a rescue figure 8.

Ground the stump too.
cd5c561a10dbe8133cd8b94ed27dbec6.jpg
222f3b57bd6785260c3f2f9d7581ed0a.jpg

Had this arsehole pine today. Thing was over the primaries and I couldn’t bomb anything big. Had to get out of the bucket and waddle my way up the thing and speedline the branches down. Pulled over the top and went to descend and my akimbo was locked up. Pine pitch.

Ground the stump too.
I sure hope that line was deenergized [emoji849] you know that's a violation of some policy somewhere, right?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I actually climbed yesterday too.

I had almost forgotten I scheduled this job till the guy called. My first reaction was like “Gulp”. Lol. I did really well though. I guess I was due.

Ground the stump too.
Newbie to this site and to some of the new technology but not to climbing . I have enjoyed this forum very much. It’s good to see y’all sharing your days work and your experiences. Y’all be safe.

View attachment 753514More tear outs.
Finally one that's not at an included attachment. Crabapple with white rot let go of the whole strap as soon as we had it clear of the house. View attachment 753515 View attachment 753516 View attachment 753517 View attachment 753518 View attachment 753519 Ash must have laid down really gentle. Once we got it cleaned out, we could see it did zero damage to fence, house, or the pine tree that it had landed on.

What’s up with that towel around the head deal? :laugh:

Removed an oak over a fence and swimming pool. Was doing he cut and swing thing with my silky on a limb when I hit the top of my left forearm with the silky. Boy that blood sure does shoot high when you nick a vein. Things I have learned.
  1. Always have a trauma kit on your belt.
  2. It’s really tough to reach your trauma kit on the back of your belt when your holding your left arm with your right hand.
  3. Always have an exit strategy.
I had a friction saver and spiderjack already rigged, told myself don’t panic, the priority was to get out of the tree and deal with the wound when I got on the ground. Roped out of the tree, told the crew to call 911 and used the trauma kit to slow the bleed. The blood stopper works but had to put a tourniquet on my arm before the first responders arrived.
We passed two hospitals that did not have a trauma center to go to one with a vascular surgeon. 50 minutes with a tourniquet app hurts, but there is no waiting when you arrive. Evidently good first aid works because all the bleeding had stopped when they removed the tourniquet, the doctor put a bandage on it and cut me loose.

What’s up with that towel around the head deal? :laugh:
Either it's a religious thing? Or he doesn't like sunburn on his neck. I'm Not sure.
Not me, no one takes pics of the cool stuff I do.:( So I've been taking pics. I try not to break my phone, so it stays in the pickup while I work.

no climbing harness when cutting tree and no safety harness while in the lift. you are a total pro.
I wasn’t going to comment but figured I should before I see him on the dripline. @AGoodSteward, glad you’ve made it this far working as a bad ass that doesn’t require fall protection. Learn to do this **** right or quit posting in the Commercial tree care forum. Maybe 101 or the homeowners forum will accept this bull ****. Or just keep being a bad ass hack and keep inflating insurance and workers comp rates for those of us that give a flying **** about this industry.
If I offended any of you with this comment, I personally don’t give a ****. I work my ass off and spend a lot of time continuing my education to make me better. Idiots that put on a hard hat and a high viz shirt ( and call themselves professionals) are the reason my insurance and WC is so high. Of the 78 fatalities on dripline, I wonder how many actually knew what a hazard assessment was. I wonder how many companies actually provide real training. Maybe I’m just a bit drunk and feeling ornery tonight.

I wasn’t going to comment but figured I should before I see him on the dripline. @AGoodSteward, glad you’ve made it this far working as a bad ass that doesn’t require fall protection. Learn to do this **** right or quit posting in the Commercial tree care forum. Maybe 101 or the homeowners forum will accept this bull ****. Or just keep being a bad ass hack and keep inflating insurance and workers comp rates for those of us that give a flying **** about this industry.
If I offended any of you with this comment, I personally don’t give a ****. I work my ass off and spend a lot of time continuing my education to make me better. Idiots that put on a hard hat and a high viz shirt ( and call themselves professionals) are the reason my insurance and WC is so high. Of the 78 fatalities on dripline, I wonder how many actually knew what a hazard assessment was. I wonder how many companies actually provide real training. Maybe I’m just a bit drunk and feeling ornery tonight.

Lol. Everybody seems to go right for the high viz shirts when they’re starting off these days. It’s almost like a right of passage.

http://dripline.net/
I check every morning to give me something to talk about with the crews. It’s an odd thing. Everyone I work with wants and has a reason to go home everyday. Since we started doing quick safety meetings and job hazard assessments, production has actually gone way up. And have not had a lost time accident in over five years and an average of 30 field employees.

Back