Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno how many hours but it's lots and many gallons Lol
I mix about 20 gallons per year , not all goes through the 241 but the bulk of it does .
I haven't ran mine since spring/early summer, not to much work this yr and what I did have was either big wood or tiny invasives. I'd buy another in a min if I needed one, great saws, husky hasn't made a saw in that size for a long time so they left the market open, to bad stihl isn't making them now either :rare2:.
I use quite a bit of mix, I run a lot thru my backpack blower all yr, it works great for blowing the snow of the walks/drive and cars. I'm ready for that BTW, but it is nice right now and I'm getting a lot done, but the rain is on it's way today.

90.00 a cord here now for oak … cherry ? good load either way.

About $100-110 a cord here. Little extra for trucking since most of it is coming down from the north. If a guy waits until they are in the woods you could probably get it for $90. Ran into a guy delivering a load the other day . Came from Onamia and was mixed oak with ash and was $105 a cord. Nice load. Mostly 12-14" logs. Seems like loads coming from St Cloud or just a bit north has 3-4' logs in there. If I was buying I would all the processor size I could get.

About $100-110 a cord here. Little extra for trucking since most of it is coming down from the north. If a guy waits until they are in the woods you could probably get it for $90. Ran into a guy delivering a load the other day . Came from Onamia and was mixed oak with ash and was $105 a cord. Nice load. Mostly 12-14" logs. Seems like loads coming from St Cloud or just a bit north has 3-4' logs in there. If I was buying I would all the processor size I could get.

Definitely on the early side to expect a whole lot of cutting being done. I expect its rather wet in most parts. Give it another week or so to freeze up solid.......:surprised3:

Got my ATV and plow 5 years ago, no regrets with either, just don't have time to shovel during Tax Season. The ATV pushes 10 times better than the lawn tractor did even w/o any chains, and just gets it done a lot faster (plow is 5' instead of 4').

My only complaint is now + then you almost run out of room to put the stuff!

BABADDC7-B31B-456F-9E70-7973BE70E44A.jpeg We got a few more limbs out and cut, next trip will be with the trailer to haul a load home and open the bucking area. Let Wayne run the 6421 tonight. He loved it until he made 3 in a row dirt cuts. Told him don’t worry, if I can’t fix it with the file I’ll use the grinder. Dropped him off and as he’s getting out of the truck he says”If you need any more chains dulled let me know.”BABADDC7-B31B-456F-9E70-7973BE70E44A.jpeg

Back