Need tecno help with router,(internet kind)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yall sure do make this complicated, just plug the extender into one of the net ports on the router, put the extender outside the building with a run of cat5 and your done. If the extender is wireless only get a POE injected AP for the outside and plug it in like above you can log into the AP for connection to the router inside.

I run a CradlePoint router (CONNECTED TO INTERNET) to a POE Ubiquiti Bullet hp with an Omni Antenna . The Bullet hp is acting as an AP running in WDS-link to 3 other POE Ubiquiti Bullet hp that is running as AP's and all are linked in a network at different locations. This creates something like a mesh network except I have a hotspot that covers almost 100 acres in which I and others run wifi Deer Cams, surveillance cams , internet connections and such. As you move around the AP's will hand off to the strongest AP. The Bullet are 1 watt routers and are quite strong, that is the reason they have the range they do, all at a cheap price for quality product.

That doesn't look like you doing the digging. :laughing:
I have been running the Japanese backhoe for the last couple weeks. Drainline for house basement, water line for camper, footings for my storage shed. Heat and humidity out the roof. I think I prefer to go wireless for the internet connection.

Boy Wonder is quite the helper. Used to buy his time with ice cream and Lego's but as of late he's been negotiating a bit higher salary.

:lol: Simple answer is, an AP is a "Wifi Access Point", PoE is "Power over Ethernet" meaning with a PoE injector you can power a PoE Wifi Access Point over Ethernet. All data and Power requirements for the Access Point runs in one cat5 or cat6 wire. The maximum length you can run Cat5, Cat5e Cat6 and Cat6a cable is 100 meters or 328 feet because of voltage loss, the longer the run the more voltage loss and the slower the data transfer. You can also extend that range when using a PoE injector and selecting the right voltage injector, considering the line loss you will have at the end of the run.

Let's say you need 12v to operate a PoE Wifi Access Point, putting in a 15VDC injector would give you the full 12v with a 100 meter run, with a 200 meter run you may need a 24VDC injector depending on the line loss in voltage. This will also increase data reliability and speed of transfer. One thing you don't want to do is overpower the network equipment ( PoE Wifi Access Point) on the other end by much. You try to match power requirements with power supply.

"WDS" is a Ubiquiti term for linking multiple Ubiquiti AP into a mesh like system.

I use Ubiquiti equipment because it is reliable, and cost effective, I have units that have been running outside for 10 years. It's more for commercial installations, that's the reason you may not recognize the name.

Now to solve the OP's problem, Get one of these.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HXT8FFI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza hook the cat5 up to a network port on his router, hook up the PoE injector, run the cat5 to the outside and mount the NanoStation to the side facing the way he wants the signal to face, set it as an AP and link it to the network, he can then login into it and use it as his AP for the outbuilding. and all this for under 50 bucks. It's got an internal antenna already in it so you don't need an antenna.

The good news is these NanoStations can run as an AP or simply a regular Wifi point hooked to your computer.

Now to solve the OP's problem, Get one of these.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HXT8FFI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza hook the cat5 up to a network port on his router, hook up the PoE injector, run the cat5 to the outside and mount the NanoStation to the side facing the way he wants the signal to face, set it as an AP and link it to the network, he can then login into it and use it as his AP for the outbuilding. and all this for under 50 bucks. It's got an internal antenna already in it so you don't need an antenna.
Isnt that same thing as I suggested of hooking my current router using cat5 to the cable company router and then using my extender inside the camper. I am not trying to shoot a signal 100's of feet, just thru a block wall to a camper about 40ft.

Yep, should work!

You would have to think about power for your router and making sure it is weather resistance since it is going outside. No reason to spend money if you don't have to. I was thinking you were having a problem with your installation.

Anyway this may give others ideas on how to configure their networks if needed!

well, I discovered another problem. My tv's are not wireless and have to be connected with coaxial. There are 2 tv's and a main coaxial with 1, 2, and 3. I need something that will convert a wireless signal to a coaxial input. The coaxial inputs are located outside of the camper and wires ran inside the camper walls. I am sure the tv streaming box itself is wireless to cable input to the tv and I could place it inside the enclosure where the cable input for the camper is located. It wouldn't get rained on, but it would be subjected to outside air and temp changes. I also don't know if a remote would work with it if the streaming box is located outside and out of line of sight of where the remote would be located. I have to be missing some simple solution.

well, I discovered another problem. My tv's are not wireless and have to be connected with coaxial. There are 2 tv's and a main coaxial with 1, 2, and 3. I need something that will convert a wireless signal to a coaxial input. The coaxial inputs are located outside of the camper and wires ran inside the camper walls. I am sure the tv streaming box itself is wireless to cable input to the tv and I could place it inside the enclosure where the cable input for the camper is located. It wouldn't get rained on, but it would be subjected to outside air and temp changes. I also don't know if a remote would work with it if the streaming box is located outside and out of line of sight of where the remote would be located. I have to be missing some simple solution.

I already posted that you should tap into the coax in your house and move the router to the RV so you can get the internet and TV without having to buy multiple routers or router amplifiers. Coax is pretty cheap and should be tuff enough to keep the dogs from eating it. Put up a temporary pole so you can keep the wire out of reach of the dogs. Or run it through some temporary conduit. Should be an easy fix for a temporary situation. Your making it more complected then it needs to be.

Its not as simple as tapping into the house coax box. It only has a input for cable and then the one cat5 port to the router. I cannot use a splitter before the coax box. As I understand it the cable company supplied box is needed to decode the signal sent from the cable company so its not a matter of simply buying a new cable box or splitting the coax. I have been thinking about how to make it work without buying a bunch of equipment. I already own another router and a extender. The NCTV streaming box receives its signal wireless from the router and then connects to the back of the tv using coaxial cable. If I get the wireless signal inside the camper, I should be able to run coax from the streaming box to the input for the camper tv's. Nothing out in the weather and the NCTV streaming box is inside next to the tv where it is easy to access. I believe using cat5 cable from the house router to my other router will get the signal to my camper. I got my camper delivered and set up this week, built a small deck and steps for the front. I have to get a wye connection for the drainage lines and then figure out a way to add skirting. I got 4 more weeks to be out of my house so TV isn't on the top of the list of priorities. My wife has most of our house stuff boxed and in storage. I haven't moved a bit of my stuff yet. That starts this next week. The tv connections will just have to wait until I actually move.

If yours is like mine it would be very simple. I have Comcast and it comes to my service pole as one single coax and is split into two coax lines. One goes to the TV converter and the other one to the modem.
Trace it back where it's a single coax line and tap into it there and run a single line to the RV and move the TV box and router to the RV and split it there. Or just call your provider and ask if they will move it for you. They may do it for free to keep you online and keep you as a customer.

My 2 cents after having worked with networks and computers for years -

FORGET Wireless! Unless you want your family to be living in a sea of non-thermal microwave radiation at home!

Get the Cat 5 cable - dig the trench - tell the cable company to disable y0ur always-on wireless - plug in your own router so you can turn your wireless off when not being used to minimize family exposures. Use gigabit switches anywhere you need more access points. Fastest Internet, Simpler, Safer for you and your family!

US National Toxicology Program
30 million dollar 10 year study
The NTP studies found that high exposure to RFR (900 MHz) used by cell phones was associated with:
  • Clear evidence of tumors in the hearts of male rats. The tumors were malignant schwannomas.
  • Some evidence of tumors in the brains of male rats. The tumors were malignant gliomas.
  • Some evidence of tumors in the adrenal glands of male rats. The tumors were benign, malignant, or complex combined pheochromocytoma.
This is no joke or tin foil hat BS!
https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/results/areas/cellphones/index.html

Cancer doesn't happen overnight - we are in a huge experiment and our kids and grand kids are the guinea pigs.

Health authorities used to say tobacco was fine, leaded paint and leaded gasoline were fine, asbestos was fine etc etc etc. Big money is running the wireless agenda. Everyone is in love with their convenient apps/phones but all wireless devices ('smart' meters, cell phones, cordless phones, baby monitors, cell towers, 'smart' home devices etc) radiate real exposures that can impact the body and are not being taken into account.

MUST WATCH at least the first 6 minutes >>>
Wireless radiation has biological effects - Period!
Dr. Sharon Goldberg Testifies at Michigan's 5G Small Cell Tower Legislation Hearing October 4, 2018

My 2 cents after having worked with networks and computers for years -

FORGET Wireless! Unless you want your family to be living in a sea of non-thermal microwave radiation at home!

Get the Cat 5 cable - dig the trench - tell the cable company to disable y0ur always-on wireless - plug in your own router so you can turn your wireless off when not being used to minimize family exposures. Use gigabit switches anywhere you need more access points. Fastest Internet, Simpler, Safer for you and your family!

US National Toxicology Program
30 million dollar 10 year study
The NTP studies found that high exposure to RFR (900 MHz) used by cell phones was associated with:
  • Clear evidence of tumors in the hearts of male rats. The tumors were malignant schwannomas.
  • Some evidence of tumors in the brains of male rats. The tumors were malignant gliomas.
  • Some evidence of tumors in the adrenal glands of male rats. The tumors were benign, malignant, or complex combined pheochromocytoma.
This is no joke or tin foil hat BS!
https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/results/areas/cellphones/index.html

Cancer doesn't happen overnight - we are in a huge experiment and our kids and grand kids are the guinea pigs.

Health authorities used to say tobacco was fine, leaded paint and leaded gasoline were fine, asbestos was fine etc etc etc. Big money is running the wireless agenda. Everyone is in love with their convenient apps/phones but all wireless devices ('smart' meters, cell phones, cordless phones, baby monitors, cell towers, 'smart' home devices etc) radiate real exposures that can impact the body and are not being taken into account.

MUST WATCH at least the first 6 minutes >>>
Wireless radiation has biological effects - Period!
Dr. Sharon Goldberg Testifies at Michigan's 5G Small Cell Tower Legislation Hearing October 4, 2018

We have been swimming in radio waves for over a century. You can take a simple RF detector and place it near a 110V electric outlet and it will read RF from a simple outlet. Every electrical device in your home emits RF to some level. It's even in your car when you drive down the road.
And whats with all the male rats? Seems sexist to me. lol

Its not as simple as tapping into the house coax box. It only has a input for cable and then the one cat5 port to the router. I cannot use a splitter before the coax box. As I understand it the cable company supplied box is needed to decode the signal sent from the cable company so its not a matter of simply buying a new cable box or splitting the coax. I have been thinking about how to make it work without buying a bunch of equipment. I already own another router and a extender. The NCTV streaming box receives its signal wireless from the router and then connects to the back of the tv using coaxial cable. If I get the wireless signal inside the camper, I should be able to run coax from the streaming box to the input for the camper tv's. Nothing out in the weather and the NCTV streaming box is inside next to the tv where it is easy to access. I believe using cat5 cable from the house router to my other router will get the signal to my camper. I got my camper delivered and set up this week, built a small deck and steps for the front. I have to get a wye connection for the drainage lines and then figure out a way to add skirting. I got 4 more weeks to be out of my house so TV isn't on the top of the list of priorities. My wife has most of our house stuff boxed and in storage. I haven't moved a bit of my stuff yet. That starts this next week. The tv connections will just have to wait until I actually move.

Call your provider and have them move it for you. They may do it for free. You wont know if you don't ask.

We have been swimming in radio waves for over a century. You can take a simple RF detector and place it near a 110V electric outlet and it will read RF from a simple outlet. Every electrical device in your home emits RF to some level. It's even in your car when you drive down the road.
And whats with all the male rats? Seems sexist to me. lol

Your claims are mostly incorrect.

Yes we have had simple radio waves overhead for a century, but of late we have millions of new devices that are not only passive radio receivers like your old portable AM/FM radio, but now we have millions and millions of people using their microwave transmitters in close proximity to their bodies. This is a BIG difference!

Your 110v wires emit LF/EMF (Low Frequency/Electro Magnetic Frequency), they do not emit RF/Microwave radiation. LF/EMF has a tight range of influence at 110V current, maybe a foot or two away from the wires depending on the strength of the current. Microwave devices on the other hand broadcast outwards in a very large area e.g. your cell continuously broadcasts out to the cell tower or wi-fi router. The dramatic increase of many millions and millions of RF/Microwave devices now polluting our environment is a recent development only over the last 15+ years.

Every device in your current home does not emit RF - most wired devices emit EMF only, except the new "smart home" will have many more RF/microwave transmitting gadgets built into appliances and monitoring your every use. The future "smart home" will provide the next level in the invisible non-thermal microwave soup experiment many blissfully ignorant families will live in.

Like I said, there is a considerable difference in the distance of transmission between large field Microwave radiation devices such as those found in smart meters, cell phones, cordless phones, baby monitors, wi-fi, high powered cell towers, and the very narrow field EMF found in home wiring. Both are measured using completely different equipment. I have expensive high end tools that measure both.

https://www.gigahertz-solutions.de/en/

RF/Microwave is only in modern cars that have Wireless transmitters in them. e.g. wi-fi built into the car or antenna repeaters to incorporate your cell phone or low powered blue tooth your car uses to speak to your phone. Older cars do not have microwave transmitters in them, they only had passive radio receivers and the usual wiring that emits near field EMF.

The compounding effect of millions of new transmitting microwave devices used close to our bodies, near to pregnant moms and developing children throughout our living environments is having an influence on organisms large and small, as demonstrated by the 30 Million dollar NTP study, the negative influence is dependant on long term exposure and is not good.

IF all your TV's have Ethernet cable inputs (Cat5/Cat6), then it's super simple.

The simple hard wired solution:
1) Cable Company Box output to >>> Your router.
2) Your Router outputs via Ethernet to almost any number of gigabit switches.
3) Gigabit switches output via Ethernet to TV's.
4) Stream/watch TV

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gigabit+...GPKR0PFSFR8ES19DAV&qid=1566857291&ref=sugsr_0

If you're still stuck on doing it wirelessly, drill a hole in the wall and run ethernet from your router to a screaming microwave access point outside under cover. You won't be doing you or your family's health any favours, but you'll stream all the crap you want.

e.g. https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-LAPN600/

or, if you have an old router with enough power, you may be able to use it as an access point:
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-turn-an-old-wi-fi-router-into-an-access-point/

Distance from high powered wireless is your friend - don't stick it outside your kids bedroom.

Distance from high powered wireless is your friend - don't stick it outside your kids bedroom.
My youngest kid is 39, my youngest grandchild is 20. My camper only has one bedroom and I intend to sleep in it. So!.
I appreciate the advice and the warnings, I really do. But if you wish to continue on your crusade about the microwave hazards, I suggest you start your own thread.

Back