I wish...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw Jim

CJ Saws, LLC
Reaction score
I wish husqvarna and stihl would start producing big bore kits. And hotter coils with adjustable timing. And expansion chamber pipes. And over sized carbs. And a miniature EDM. And aluminum block intakes. And lightened flywheels. And full circle, stroked cranks. And special order crankcases. And special order pistons. And special order cylinders. And oversize sprockets. And race bars. And old rare chain...And the 2101xp.

What did I leave out besides muffler bearings and bar stretchers?

I wish I could find a guy who ports saws

With real legs

That rents pigs

Dot dot dot....

I've got two sources that do real Polish sausage from local pigs. Smoked in house. (no BS PM me if you want some)

Pigs are not for rent, but you can buy a part, to take home with you!

This is why I’m staying with the older husky saws. I’m retired and replacing the ones I regret I sold off. Just killing time.

I remember the 2100 ign being marked with the mark on the crankcase. I filed the holes in the ignition so it could be turned counter clockwise to advance it the width of the timing mark. That and plugging the governor unleashed the beast.

Why don’t the new saws come ported better, with a better tuning? As some of you porting gurus know there’s plenty of power that can be woken up by porting. It’s free hp.

I wish husqvarna and stihl would start producing big bore kits. And hotter coils with adjustable timing. And expansion chamber pipes. And over sized carbs. And a miniature EDM. And aluminum block intakes. And lightened flywheels. And full circle, stroked cranks. And special order crankcases. And special order pistons. And special order cylinders. And oversize sprockets. And race bars. And old rare chain...And the 2101xp.

What did I leave out besides muffler bearings and bar stretchers?

Jim, what’s so special about a 2101 that the 2100 doesn’t have too? What were the improvements of the 2101 vs 2100.? I’ve owned both, didnt notice the difference but never thought about my 2100 with the gov plugged and the timing advanced.

The manufacturers don’t see the demand in new parts. While there’s a market it’s not getting the word back to Husqvarna. There all interested in marketing new products for the quick profit.

My engineering company was interested in new products they didn’t see the amount of money retro fitting the older products. It’s a multi million dollar thing now they do it.

This is why I’m staying with the older husky saws. I’m retired and replacing the ones I regret I sold off. Just killing time.

I remember the 2100 ign being marked with the mark on the crankcase. I filed the holes in the ignition so it could be turned counter clockwise to advance it the width of the timing mark. That and plugging the governor unleashed the beast.

Why don’t the new saws come ported better, with a better tuning? As some of you porting gurus know there’s plenty of power that can be woken up by porting. It’s free hp.
Almost every new saw has more power than what it replaced. And they're better on fuel

Latest posts

Back