Need tecno help with router,(internet kind)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My youngest kid is 39, my youngest grandchild is 20. My camper only has one bedroom and I intend to sleep in it. So!.
I appreciate the advice and the warnings, I really do. But if you wish to continue on your crusade about the microwave hazards, I suggest you start your own thread.

Yes, I did sway off topic! I was attempting in my last post, to make up for it by providing some concrete 'wireless' installation solutions as you requested.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the good info guys. I’m also trying to get internet access out to my outbuilding 200 ft away. Sounds like cat5 cable in the trench is the way to go. Approximately 250’. Let me know if there are cheaper deals than Amazon if u know of any. Will it be ok in my conduit with my electric line? No interference hopefully? Wouldn’t think so

I think the big problem is the router the cable company provided. I haven't looked at it, but if it was like the one my old internet provided, it wasn't really good. I had the router in my back office at one end of the house and I had problems connecting in my living room. I bought the TPLink router and it made a big difference. I later bought a tplink extender and plugged it in my carport and I had internet out in my pasture. This block house, with metal roof, is a different situation. I loose cell signal just walking in the front door and loose wifi just walking outside. The house was built in 1949, The block was made out of something besides concrete. I suspect there is some mineral in the block that blocks or absorbs signal. Anyways, I already have the tplink router and extender, I just need to figure out how to make it work with the current cable company router. I am thinking I can use cat5 cable to connect the two routers and place the second router in the basement window looking out at my camper and then use the extender inside the camper. I have been doing some research and It looks like it will just be a matter of configuring my router to talk to the cable company router. They are supposed to deliver my camper today. It will be a few days before I know if this will work.

I would start with what you said here with the basement window. Run Ethernet from your comcast modem or router to that window. Hook up your TP-Link router there that is line of sight to your camper. That's close enough that you should have a good signal in the camper and be done. Do that, then go in the camper and do a speed test.
Go from there. Shouldn't need to configure or program anything on the boxes.

As for the tv coax or whatever I'm a bit confused as to what you have and what you want to do. You mentioned not wanting buffering, but also needing coax at the camper. Need more info on what you have or what you want to do.

A possible solution since this is temp. Is to get a antenna for broadcast channels. Use TV fool website to see if your in range for some and if so then that may be a opt along with streaming some other stuff via wifi. Hope that makes sense,

I would start with what you said here with the basement window. Run Ethernet from your comcast modem or router to that window. Hook up your TP-Link router there that is line of sight to your camper. That's close enough that you should have a good signal in the camper and be done. Do that, then go in the camper and do a speed test.
Go from there. Shouldn't need to configure or program anything on the boxes.

As for the tv coax or whatever I'm a bit confused as to what you have and what you want to do. You mentioned not wanting buffering, but also needing coax at the camper. Need more info on what you have or what you want to do.

A possible solution since this is temp. Is to get a antenna for broadcast channels. Use TV fool website to see if your in range for some and if so then that may be a opt along with streaming some other stuff via wifi. Hope that makes sense,

The tv connections on the camper are all prewired coax. The connections to the coax are located on the outside of the camper. I suppose this is to make pulling into a campground and hooking everything up in just a few minutes. Since my tvs are not wireless, I need to somehow convert the wireless internet to a coax connections. I am hoping I can connect my wireless streaming box which connects directly to the tv by coax, to the already hidden coax wiring in the walls of the camper. I think I just need a splitter where the coax comes out of the wall and connect the streaming box there and hopefully it will back feed from tv1 to tv2. As long as the streaming box can get internet, I think it will work. I do get 4 channels with just the antenna and both tvs have build in dvd players.

The tv connections on the camper are all prewired coax. The connections to the coax are located on the outside of the camper. I suppose this is to make pulling into a campground and hooking everything up in just a few minutes. Since my tvs are not wireless, I need to somehow convert the wireless internet to a coax connections. I am hoping I can connect my wireless streaming box which connects directly to the tv by coax, to the already hidden coax wiring in the walls of the camper. I think I just need a splitter where the coax comes out of the wall and connect the streaming box there and hopefully it will back feed from tv1 to tv2. As long as the streaming box can get internet, I think it will work. I do get 4 channels with just the antenna and both tvs have build in dvd players.

I'm only going to say this one more time. Call your provider and let them know what you want to do. Tell them you need temporary service in your RV while your house is being renovated. They may come out and do it for you.

I'm only going to say this one more time. Call your provider and let them know what you want to do. Tell them you need temporary service in your RV while your house is being renovated. They may come out and do it for you.
Where have I said the house is being renovated. The house is being bought by my son and he is currently living in it. I cant just unhook his internet and hook it to my camper. I plan to use his internet to supply a streaming box and for playing on my computer. I did a test today checking for wifi with my cell phone and it wouldn't connect. I am currently still using my wireless router, but my brother has one he said I can borrow so I will try the cat5 cable to the basement window and see how that works out. Calling the cable company and paying them to run a wire from across the hiway to the nearest power pole at my camper, and then paying for a modem, just isn't in me.

Back