McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some help identifying this one. I pick it up friday. Seller says it's a 7-10 but its hard to tell from the picture. No air filter cover. It looks like a 10-10 Pro but I suppose it could be several models. Im buying it regardless but was hoping there was something identifiable here.
than ks. Jason.

My money is on 10-10S but really need to see the top of the cylinder.

If it was a 7-10 someone has swaped a tank on it and a starter. Is not out of the question though with these saws. Old john smith had a 7-10 roll down a bank and smashed in the starter and broke the handle off but lucky he had a straight gassed 10-10S sitting there so swapped the bits on...

If its 70cc its a pm700. The air filter cover is from a 110,120etc. Not a 10 series. Does it have electronic ignition? Decompression button? By the throttle lock its not a 7-10. By the color scheme and shade of yellow its not a 7-10. Its 10-10s or pm700. What carb is on it? That could help also.

I was just able to install a NOS woodruff key into a 10-10A that had a previously sheared flywheel key. The key sat in the slot a little loose, but I slid the flywheel over it and torqued the nut down to spec. It seems to be running okay. I was worried about the timing being messed up.. Does it sound fine to everyone else?

Its 10-10s or pm700.

Just checked my 10-10S and later model PM700 and would tend to agree based on the larger brake flag alone, not to mention the all black starter / fan cover which seemed to be characteristic of the later saws in the series. Later ones also seemed to have the green manual oiler button which looks to be black in the pic, tho. My earlier PM700's have noticeably smaller brake flags and black oiler buttons. That said, I do have a PM555 that also has a large brake flag and all black clutch cover / brake assembly, but it has a black recoil w/yellow fan cover.

Tell me about the McCulloch 1-50. I’ve read the acres site specs. Does this one have removable head?

I finally got around to one of my 610's today.I put a carb on it only to find out that the throttle trigger was broken.I figured no problem as I had another handle assembly to put on it.I swapped the handle assembly out & put the carb back on & it wanted to scream at WOT.I figured an air leak of some sort.Could the crank seals be that bad that it'd scream at WOT?
Ed

I had a 610 torn down last summer (2 actually) & ya can't put a gasket on the oil tank,only a very thin layer of silicone sealant.Is that the best way to replace seals on the 600 series saws,by tearing them right down?After doing a couple saws they're not really that bad,just labor intensive.
Ed

Check the points. Mine was behaving like that and I narrowed it down to the ignition and eventually the points. Cleaned and re-gapped and found quite a few new RPM's. The fixed jet carb should run just fine -- maybe a hair rich, but completely acceptable by most folks' standards.

I have an sp81 that did the same thing fir awhile. It had the fixed jet carb. Sdc51a. Ran good but not great. I put an ignition chip in it and it made a huge difference. So i agree with pogo. Check the ignition first. Then go after the carb.

Ok so went to check on points in the sp81 tonight and found this. Looks to be an Atom (?) electronic ignition. Guess I don't have points to worry about, however is there a chance it's not running ideal because of this set up?20190829_224224.jpg

Back