Not a chainsaw but,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Efisher26

Tinkerer
Reaction score
Stihl bg 86c. Not running good, gas filters clean new carb kit good spark, just sputters and then dies no matter what the carburetor adjustment. Compression is around 107, that’s probably too low correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of the worst designs I have ever seen, I've replaced half a dozen of them. They can be scrub cleaned and reused. It only takes a year or two of typical use to clog them up and completely block the exhaust. :( Here is one that I cleaned up. It was jet black and air would not even bl;ow through it. Now it's ready for service.
Muffler Spark Screen.JPG

This is one of the worst designs I have ever seen, I've replaced half a dozen of them. They can be scrub cleaned and reused. It only takes a year or two of typical use to clog them up and completely block the exhaust. :( Here is one that I cleaned up. It was jet black and air would not even bl;ow through it. Now it's ready for service.
View attachment 755940

Eh....just burn it off with a propane torch. Won't get hot enough to damage the screen or the braze.
They will come perfectly cleanActually the design is quite good.
Some screens get so clogged you cant get them out.
Meaning the flat panel style screen.

Yup it’s the only thing that went bad on my old husky 240sg, well one fuel line melted too.

Latest posts

Back