I'm gonna say it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're talking about the husky flippy caps then yes they are great. I would like to see how well they hold up in a professional loggers hands. Sure would suck if the flippy part broke off in the field

Flippies are ok.

Iv never had problems with husky flippies.

But i like my traditional caps. IMO The problem most people have is they tighten things down WAY to much.

Stop tightening them down so dang tight and there will be no problems.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Never had floppy caps so no input there. Was thinking tonight that I wished all companies made the fuel and oil fill holes on the saw the “male” part and the caps the “female” part. Cleaning around the caps and trying to get them clean before opening on my Dolkita is a pain compared the my Echos.

If you're talking about the husky flippy caps then yes they are great. I would like to see how well they hold up in a professional loggers hands. Sure would suck if the flippy part broke off in the field

Haven't had any issues with the husqvarna flip caps. Have had some **** ups with the stihl ones. Husky flippers on a 461; that would be perfect.

I like flip caps. I hate it when my scrench ends up stripping out the screw cap, the Husqvarna design on the 3 series was much better than Stihl’s screw caps. Husqvarna caps are probably easier to use, but the Stihl ones may be more durable long-term.

Who knows? Everyone can like what they like, but flip caps are here, and probably to stay.

Flippies are ok.

Iv never had problems with husky flippies.

But i like my traditional caps. IMO The problem most people have is they tighten things down WAY to much.

Stop tightening them down so dang tight and there will be no problems.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
It’s not that we tighten them to much, it’s that gas expands under heat and the pressure builds up behind and makes them a real pisser to remove.

I always wondered if you can get flippy caps for the 372?? Even the 395?

I don’t have any experience with the husky flipping caps.

I have experience with flippy caps on a Stihl brush cutter. Pissed me off. Several times I thought it locked in only to pick it up and spill a tank full of gas down my leg.

Maybe it was just me. Lol

Back