whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Good for you!
We were willed the old mill, it was a pile of scrap that we pulled for a slow death in old, wet wood and sawdust 2’ thick. The man that gave it to me and my 2 partners knew we would get it up and running. He was 84 yrs old and bought it new in the late 1970’s right from the factory in Truotdale Oregon, built his home off grid with wood he milled himself off of his own property. The house was built and n Calif with -0- permits, and it’s like something out of a Cabelas magazine. Sadly, he and his wife both died soon after we got started working on the mill. That machine can make lumber like nobody’s business, and parts are still readily available!

Here was a nice job for the bucket/lift combo. Cut the hazard tree boxed in up by the wires and a few others along the service lines. Then got in the lift to get the trees further down (away from wires). Same plywood to get the wood and stumps out.

This was the easy setup on this job, the next one was a crazy side slope and trackin’ through the woods to get there. One in the air though, that thing killed everything. New school MDS (licensed and all).:)
1A275EAC-9F27-4965-B058-27AC20371319.jpeg
7001E1A9-6A22-450C-8073-009D26786ED5.jpeg

I finally acquiesced and hired a guy I’ve known for years who’s an old school climber. I can’t deal with the losers anymore. This guy is much more money but it’s piece of kind. I’ll get some pics of us in action. It’s nice to be in one tree and have him taking care of a limb on the other side of the property.

I finally acquiesced and hired a guy I’ve known for years who’s an old school climber. I can’t deal with the losers anymore. This guy is much more money but it’s piece of kind. I’ll get some pics of us in action. It’s nice to be in one tree and have him taking care of a limb on the other side of the property.

Well, I guess if you had to accept something reluctantly but without protest, it could have always been worse for you.:laugh:

I had an opportunity a few years back to hire a real, actual treeman myself. Friend of mine, same type of deal. Both me and the business weren’t really ready for it at the time. I regretted it for a while after that, but then I bought the new bucket, chipper, Giant and now omme. So I guess I ended up trading one for the other (kind of).

Another plus is if anybody ever does come along like that again, at least I’ll have the equipment to back up the decision to take them on.

I’ll be curious how this works out for you! Congrats! I’m sure it’s a burden lifted!

A little late (been very busy) but last week I hit a water line. Red oak stub went awry. Back cut wasn’t even. No pics because I was pissed.

Back