Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks that's awesome, big chain for those really big trees that you see in the old pictures. Cutting down a 6 foot or bigger tree has to be something to do or see, can only imagine.
I don't cut them down, the wind does it for me. But there is still big wood out there.... I regularly buck 40"+ trees.
IMG_20190706_204245_040.jpg

This fir was probably close to 5ft. (yes I know the chainsaw isn't green, but I don't have any poulans)

Missed my security light by about 4 inches.

And that's my buddy who did the cutting. We had it anchored to 2 trucks to make sure it didn't drop on my house Learned a lot from felling this tree. Really needed a larger bar. He messed up the back cut a little and there was a section that was uncut because he was using a 20" bar on a large tree. It was doable but tricky for sure. Glad we had it anchored and under tension to help convince it to go where we wanted. I'd anchor it slightly different next time too.

That would've added to my cleanup effort. We cut that and 3 other trees down memorial day weekend. I just got the middle of my driveway cleared and we spent an entire day cutting in July working on stuff. He's coming over again next week to finish moving some stuff and cutting the top of the tree up.

Thanks that's awesome, big chain for those really big trees that you see in the old pictures. Cutting down a 6 foot or bigger tree has to be something to do or see, can only imagine.

Todd those steam engine's are just incredible man I've run about showing all my work mates that.

Screenshot_20190625-181401_Gallery.jpg
This was 6 feet and made a hell of a noise as it smashed all the 20 inch limbs off the trunk. It was ready made kindling lol. Took days and days of climbing around among the mess. Got to use the 4000 a heap in that 1 until the clutch went slippy

I’m working on a poulan 1800 wood shark top handle. Someone before me has replaced the fuel line and filter. It would only run for a few seconds on 3/4 choke. So I ran the carburetor through the ultrasonic cleaner and put a kit in it. Now it still does the same thing but it takes more pulls now to get it to run. I fixed two of these last year and both of them did the same thing. Am I missing something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You running with the air filter cover off I presume. When it does start, does gas blow out of carb? Needles settings 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 out from seated. Are you running aftermarket carb gasket to base? If so check the impulse hole for correct alignment with carb and base.

Steve Sidwell

You running with the air filter cover off I presume. When it does start, does gas blow out of carb? Needles settings 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 out from seated. Are you running aftermarket carb gasket to base? If so check the impulse hole for correct alignment with carb and base.

Steve Sidwell

I checked the gasket and both needles are at 1 1/2 turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother picked up a welder for me a few weeks ago. Was gonna pay him for it but he told me that it was for my birthday coming up next week. Well I tried it out today and man does it weld real good. It's a Titanium Flux 125 from Harbor Freight. $200.00 welder, got it for $149.00 on sale. My last flux welder was a Century Handy90. It welded ok but gun was hot all the time and was an AC welder, lots of splatters. This one is DC and isn't hot till you pull the trigger and doesn't splatter much. Welds are real nice also. Welded to old mower blades together and welded real nice. I used it to weld the heat shield on my suv's muffler. That was a pain going through a fender opening to get to it. Pain trying to weld thin stuff when you can't see it good to weld but managed to tack it back in place. Going to try and weld some 1/4" and see how it does.

Steve Sidwell

Back