Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless someone steps up, we are back to flicking things off and paypal-ing the $ to the Zog.

The other way might be people paypal me their raffle entry $ and I'll sort and send onto him. But i have only used my paypal for payments and would need someone to shoot me US$10 or so so I can check if pp try to convert it to NZD and deposit into my bank account automagically, which is not going to work out in this scenario.

Anyone? I promise to send it back after a wee while once the test is over.

Another thought - do we know if he is up to managing the raffle himself? If so, we can just pp him directly. Otherwise, and its perfectly understandable if he isn't up to it, that option also hits a dead end.

Unless someone steps up, we are back to flicking things off and paypal-ing the $ to the Zog.

The other way might be people paypal me their raffle entry $ and I'll sort and send onto him. But i have only used my paypal for payments and would need someone to shoot me US$10 or so so I can check if pp try to convert it to NZD and deposit into my bank account automagically, which is not going to work out in this scenario.

Anyone? I promise to send it back after a wee while once the test is over.

Another thought - do we know if he is up to managing the raffle himself? If so, we can just pp him directly. Otherwise, and its perfectly understandable if he isn't up to it, that option also hits a dead end.
Sent you a pm.

Look up a product called calm. powder or chewables. wife and I take it every nite.
Looks like this could be a good cocktail. Probably have to start slow to avoid Montezuma's revenge.
Natural Calm Magnesium Plus Calcium

When I get bad leg cramps I take a couple potasium and aspirin/Tylenol as I walk it out. But this in hot water probably kicks in faster.

Magnesium can help reduce/prevent cramps, but don't take too much of it or you will be on the throne, and flush it from your system with water afterwards.

The trick is using the correct amount, because too much will play havoc with some of your organs or result in kidney stones.

It is generally for extreme workouts or very hot days when you sweat like crazy.

When I used to ride long distances (50-80 miles at a clip) with my friends I used to use Hammer - "Heed" + "Perpetuem" products with good results. Chocolate Milk is also supposed to provide excellent results … ditto beat juice. It is sort of try what you like and see what works for you. You simply could not ride that distance at that lever with just water.

Whenever I have OJ, Cranberry, CranGrape, Gatorade, etc I always cut it with about 50% water.

Someone told me this past week (who works construction) that magnesium is also important and will keep from getting leg cramps. She got an OTC calcium supplement with magnesium for that reason...

I always thought it was just potassium?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I've been plagued with leg cramps since high school. Wake up in the middle of the night with cramps in my hamstrings for half an hour. A couple years ago a fiend who runs 100 mile marathons and Iron Man events told me to try "Base Salt", it has Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Chloride, and about 30 trace elements. It comes in a vial with a flip top lid. You pop it open, lick your thumb, put your thumb on top of the vial and turn it upside down. What sticks to your thumb is a measured dose. Lick your thumb again. Runners take a dose every hour and bikers take a dose every 5 miles. I haven't had a cramp since I started using it. I asked my doctor about the salt and she said I had good blood pressure go ahead and use it. If you have blood pressure issues and salt restrictions you might want to check your doctor first.
https://www.baseperformance.com/products/base-electrolyte-salt-4-vials

When we cut this stump and tipped it over Jerry ran and threw a cinderblock under it as it started a slow roll .

UezpHsS.jpg

MM9l6K6.jpg

xFmPnWS.jpg

We couldn't take a chance to do what Nate does to get rounds down to his truck Lol

When we cut this stump and tipped it over Jerry ran and threw a cinderblock under it as it started a slow roll .

UezpHsS.jpg

MM9l6K6.jpg

xFmPnWS.jpg

We couldn't take a chance to do what Nate does to get rounds down to his truck Lol
That's funny.
I can see it hitting the fire hydrant and then causing a crazy accident looking like something from a movie:crazy2:.
Some nice looking wood, just takes forever to season.
What was that crap coming out of the tree :eek:. I've never seen one that looked like that.

For those of us that get leg cramps, I have found yellow mustard or pickle juice will stop the cramp immediately. I keep mustard packets in the truck for those hot days, when I seem to cramp up.

I been rubbing mustard on my leg for an hour now..you sure about this.????

Latest posts

Back