One Saw To Rule Them All...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
City here is putting solar in a park down the road. Seems to be some loose funding out there for it. Beats townhouses I guess.

So many variables here as to how you will keep fuel mixed to run it lol. But I would probably go with a ported 046, plenty big for a 36" bar and chain, and small enough not to be too wieldy not to mention that was around the EPA started getting involved so pretty much everything on the saw is easy to work on and solid.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I’ll take my 461 or a 372XP Husqvarna with a 32 on it, please. If I can’t handle a tree with that saw I think it can probably be left alone. Mated with a good, heavy American style felling axe with a longer straight handle and a few wedges I feel pretty good going into the woods.

My Jonny 2152

Or my 262xp.

Or maybe my Echo. Nah.

Probably the 2152. Or maybe the 5105... depending..

If i really, honestly thought my ms362 is as tough as my jonny 590's engine-wise, then i would for sure choose that.

Hard question from freudianfloyd.

Two saw plan would without a doubt include my ps420. Or maybe the 2152 instead.. or one of the red 590's cause they are just nice runners hmmmm

Ok, impossible.

Next question?

1122 Stihl, there is a bunch out there so in the dystopian future I can still mill all the dead trees, make huts and stuff.

Plus, lite enough to limb with, heavy enough to mill with, all around inline 6 of the chainsaw world. Cool extra dystopian points if it is a 064 decked out in OEM cold weather clothes for the permanent super polar vortex.

I guess I would go with an old fashion hand bow saw, gas don't last forever, it does go bad. Cordless would be useless with no power to charge the battery. It would be slow to use but, look what they had before gas powered saws. Steve Sidwell

"'gas don't last forever" So true. Once it went bad how could we get more from the deserted gas stations without electricity? Not to mention having to fend off zombies. A few solar panels, a couple of extra batteries, and a cordless saw might just be the front runner here. With a bow saw in reserve, of course. Wait, that's two saws. Nevermind.

Back