Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's more like it! It's not critiquing, it's stating and observation. :buttkick:Be safe, you have people counting on you. Take care. :cheers: Why is that ported 346 slower than stock? :happy:
Many times when cutting cookies I have my eyes and ears on, but as long as you have a chain catch and your bar is under 20" if you toss a chain it won't hit you in the leg, now if you broke one...
Not sure which stock vs ported is faster, the one on my channel?

Since we had a **** load of rain overnight and through 12 today, I burned up a bunch of junk pine splits we've had too many years. I had moved this over to the fireplace and covered before the rain, I had enough dry pine that it went better then I thought it would.

I didn't take the camera with me today because the forecast was for more heavy rain which we received, these three pics are from tonight.

Attachments

• 101_9546.JPG
    101_9546.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 101_9548.JPG
    101_9548.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 101_9552.JPG
    101_9552.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 17
Time to start restocking the lean-to. I love this wagon. Second best yard toy purchase I've made.
3067ef8e36fdb67d0acfa095c1399fab.jpg
306fbd3aaf951d37f65bbf24f8f39c93.jpg

sent from a field
Lot of room in leen to. Is that what you burn this winter. Snow covered tarps pain. Thanks wood chip

That lot of wood neet stacks. How much. Thanks wood chip

I think if they were all full, around 18 cords or so. It's just wood for my house, I try to keep a couple years ahead.

Not sure how else it would be put up. I do several hundred cords a year, so guess it just looks normal to me.

Wood sitting under the lean too is 3 years split. And 1 of those years it's been under the lean too. Wood I'm moving has been 2 years split. I don't burn 10 cord a year, but having that much under cover keeps it dry and allows me to choke the stove down for better overnight burns.

No OWB here. Wood would be 2-3' long if I had a boiler.

sent from a field

Wood sitting under the lean too is 3 years split. And 1 of those years it's been under the lean too. Wood I'm moving has been 2 years split. I don't burn 10 cord a year, but having that much under cover keeps it dry and allows me to choke the stove down for better overnight burns.

No OWB here. Wood would be 2-3' long if I had a boiler.

sent from a field
I like you setup might duplicate but I would use leen to wood for current winter and not for seasoning like. Opposite of you. Thanks wood chip

I like you setup might duplicate but I would use leen to wood for current winter and not for seasoning like. Opposite of you. Thanks wood chip

I don't use the lean too for seasoning. Thats why I'm moving wood to it.

Got any pics of your current set-up?

I don't use the lean too for seasoning. Thats why I'm moving wood to it.

Got any pics of your current set-up?
Ha. Im lucky I can figure how to get in this site to post questions. Setup is just few cords stacked on pallets top covered with tarp. Would prefer not to mess with tarps and have leen to. I wish I was 2 year ahead with wood supply like you.

my 'new' wood pile is getting bigger. stix by stix, but has slowed down a bit in growing. this from a pro job just few houses down I picked up. sitting my my wood pile, just needs to get cut up. still have a bunch a chunks to split and stack, too. couple small piles of oak, scrounged as well. these 100f days slow things down a bit. along with other chores and activities. always something...

bucket of oak. 20 min scrounge... walking distance
P2120005.JPG

Back