Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us that get leg cramps, I have found yellow mustard or pickle juice will stop the cramp immediately. I keep mustard packets in the truck for those hot days, when I seem to cramp up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use mustard too, pretty sure it's the turmeric in it. While the mustard does help and rather quick they're talking about prevention not treating the effects.
It has many healing properties many in or current society know nothing about.
You may find this tidbit interesting; many scholars believe that the gold the wise men brought to Jesus was actually Tumeric, they say at the time it was more expensive than the metal gold.

That's funny.
I can see it hitting the fire hydrant and then causing a crazy accident looking like something from a movie:crazy2:.
Some nice looking wood, just takes forever to season.
What was that crap coming out of the tree :eek:. I've never seen one that looked like that.

It was a rot pocket of slug poop right where I cut it at 8'6" Lol

That would have been a bad scene , 4 lanes ...

Got to the boxelder FWIW!

View attachment 757100

Wouldn't be bad but its every bit as much work as oak and half the btu's. Usually more brush. I just can't make myself throw it into a brushpile like so many do.
I know. I burn it too.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

It was a rot pocket of slug poop right where I cut it at 8'6" Lol

That would have been a bad scene , 4 lanes ...
That's gross :eek:.
Could have been, thank God it wasn't. What did you do with it, that's a heavy chunk of wood to get to the top.

I just did a ride today, and ironically my drink schedule is a few gulps every 5 miles (number of gulps depending on the heat).

Joe, I presume that stuff can be mixed into your water bottle? I can not imagine that opening a vile of powder when you are going over 20 MPH will turn out too well!

View attachment 757100

Wouldn't be bad but its every bit as much work as oak and half the btu's. Usually more brush. I just can't make myself throw it into a brushpile like so many do.
Decent wood as long as you aren't downwind of the smoke

I use mustard too, pretty sure it's the turmeric in it. While the mustard does help and rather quick they're talking about prevention not treating the effects.
It has many healing properties many in or current society know nothing about.
You may find this tidbit interesting; many scholars believe that the gold the wise men brought to Jesus was actually Tumeric, they say at the time it was more expensive than the metal gold.
Turmeric is good stuff. My uncle puts it in his mashed potatoes. Very good.

View attachment 757100

Heat is heat. I call the not so great stuff "weekend wood" - when I'm home during the day to keep feeding the stove.

Do people call hackberry box elder? Or is that 2 different trees? cuz that looks like hackberry
No they are totally different. The sure giveaway is the streaks of red in the box elder grain. Also bark and heartwood is different. The heartwood of the hackberry I've cut was dark where as box elder is normally very light colored with the telltale red streaks.

FYI, my Cran/Grap juice has both Sodium and Potassium and my OJ has Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium! So I guess the "cocktail" I make for my water bottles is on the right track!

My cocktail also probably tastes a lot better than a most of those other things too! (OJ, Cran/Grape, Water).

FYI, my Cran/Grap juice has both Sodium and Potassium and my OJ has Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium! So I guess the "cocktail" I make for my water bottles is on the right track!

My cocktail also probably tastes a lot better than a most of those other things too! (OJ, Cran/Grape, Water).
I must need more salt than the average person cause even sports drinks and juices do not prevent headaches like Pedialyte does. The one juice I really crave though is tomato juice.

Latest posts

Back