How many cords will it haul?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4seasons

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know that weight would way over be the limit, but look at all that space!
9f8436e692b57523324a4d13afa2c94c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pull that axle out yesterday and put in a decent two speed. Three cords of Oak or four cords of Pine. Give the scale DOT the proper hand signal and away you go. The problem might be is it a one ton truck or is it a pickup? If it is not a pick up then you might have to be careful what hand signal you use when going through scales. Thanks

Pull that axle out yesterday and put in a decent two speed. Three cords of Oak or four cords of Pine. Give the scale DOT the proper hand signal and away you go. The problem might be is it a one ton truck or is it a pickup? If it is not a pick up then you might have to be careful what hand signal you use when going through scales. Thanks

It wont mater, every truck has a load limit set by the manufacture. Any custom mods don't mater, it's limited by the sticker in the door jam, that's what they will go by. And privet pickup trucks are not required to pull into a weigh station. It also has to do with how they are registered and plated. Privet, commercial,or farm.

I know of several people including my self that haul as much as possible with pick ups. Yup pickups are commercials vehicles too but get over looked. If it looks like a pickup pulling 10.000 LBS of wood on a trailer no problem here. If it is obvious a one ton or larger, but not a pick up then you go through the scales. Big Big difference here. Pickups get a pass. CHP has not ever stopped me when obvious loaded more than factory recommendations. Thanks

Attachments

• sclsn.jpg
    sclsn.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 30
  • sclsn1.jpg
    sclsn1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 32
I have seen these as a cab and chassis or with a 16 ft box on them, but never with a factory style extra long bed. My 2500 with an extra cab and long bed is a bit too long for normal parking lots but I put it in the parking space anyway. I don't imagine this thing could get away with that. I love my 8+ ft bed because even with a cross bed toolbox I have over 6 ft of bed left and can haul longer items as the toolbox doesn't go all the way to the floor. But my extended cab is a little tight when I load up the wife and 3 kids. Of course if I could find one that I can afford I would love to have this red one:
fdc3db5d590b14153b2937df43a14f49.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I converted a ‘76 c30 one ton rack body with a 8” tall wrecker frame with a 11,000 lb rear Dana floater to 4 wheel dr. I had 72 leaf springs in the truck. Ten on each side in the front driving axle, 26 on a side in the rear. That’s 16 in the main 10 in the helper.

I loaded 1 1/4 stone at the pits the truck had 16,000lbs at the scale. The truckers there hauling went crazy.

It was a sb400hp with a 2,800 stall with a 400th. With Detroit lockers front and rear.

Now to solve a debate on which is better a standard 4 speed with granny or a auto tranny with a stall converter with the extra low first and second gears. I changed from an auto to a standard and the auto had more low end grunt with a cord and a half of wood in the back.

Our hill as we call it eats transmissions for breakfast lunch and dinner. Most often auto transmissions do not stand a chance. However there are those who keep on trying. Many years ago I put a new process four speed and a cl9000 rear end in a C60. I have 8 speeds forward, but no cooler. It is still holding up today. Low low is as I remember 5.83:1 at 5.10:1 so yeah when you really need low it usually comes through. However do not try to shift with a load on a hill so wait for your chances. Possibly there are autos that could handle the stress, but never heard of any. Thanks

Back