Scs252 Vermeer stump grinder clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiwa kong

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Vermeer grinder and replaced the grinder belt. A month later the clutch went out. Vermeer is charging roughly $550 for a new one.

Looking for an aftermarket one that will fix this problem for half the cost? Any recommendations of aftermarket and where I can find a compatible clutch?

Hi Kaiwa,

Did you find any information on the clutch? Such as name brand and model numbers. Rayco uses an Agura clutch that might work as well. If you find the name brand on the clutch, simply enter the name brand and the number and Goggle it for sale and they should pop up. Sometimes, suppliers to Vermeer protect Vermeer and will not sell to you directly.

Call me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dave
Global Equipment
770-420-6400

A lot of the time a manufacturer like Vermeer will insist their suppliers make small changes to their parts, it may be changing the spline count on a shaft, shaft size, bolt patterns etc. This is done to keep the part proprietary and themselves profitable. Be careful buying aftermarket.

Back