• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NEW 2022 BUILD HUSQVARNA 3120XP CHAINSAW POWERHEAD $1759 USD SHIPPED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may have been covered before and I apologize if it was But are these strato engines?

Hi, no these are regular motors. Not Strato.

Thanks
Dave

Not Strato motors. Just regular, like they have been for a decade or more except now a fixed jet carb on one needle as a change and lower rpm limited coil. Pretty much the same otherwise.

Dave

Not Strato motors. Just regular, like they have been for a decade or more except now a fixed jet carb on one needle as a change and lower rpm limited coil. Pretty much the same otherwise.

Dave

That makes me want one even more...[emoji20]

If this sale is still here in about a year i may do it[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

OP interested in a 562XP and cash?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

have no worries dude. you will be taken care of

Yep, Dave is a Very Reputable seller.

I bought my 3120XP from him, and have been Very Happy with it

Note, Ignore the owners manual about using Choke AND Throttle Lock for Cold starts.

Choke ON, Throttle Lock OFF

about 3 pulls, she will snort,

Choke OFF

2-3 pulls she will wake the county:)

Try the above first, your saw may like something different, I just about had a coronary trying to start that Beast using the Choke and Throttle lock, which is what my "Old Reliable" 266XP LIKES, but not the 3120XP. Even with the decomp valve pulling on that thing very many times will flat wear you out

Doug :cheers:

Received, thanks Dave. Forgive my questions because I'm new to professional grade saws but when I move the saw side to side, it sounds like something rattling inside. I haven't done anything besides admire the heft. I'm ordering the bar and chains today.

I'll read through the manual and try to go through the saw as much as I can while I wait on the bar/chain.

Received, thanks Dave. Forgive my questions because I'm new to professional grade saws but when I move the saw side to side, it sounds like something rattling inside. I haven't done anything besides admire the heft. I'm ordering the bar and chains today.

I'll read through the manual and try to go through the saw as much as I can while I wait on the bar/chain.
More than likely you are hearing the fuel filter move around in the tank.
Open the cap and have a look. It's a weighted fuel filter with a flexible hose so it falls to the bottom of the tank in what ever position the saw is in.

More than likely you are hearing the fuel filter move around in the tank.
Open the cap and have a look. It's a weighted fuel filter with a flexible hose so it falls to the bottom of the tank in what ever position the saw is in.

Thanks, that was one of the sounds. There is also a rattling near the front of the saw. Any suggestions on what to check?

Thanks, that was one of the sounds. There is also a rattling near the front of the saw. Any suggestions on what to check?
Do you have a bar and chain on it yet?
If you don't it could be the clutch drum / sprocket moving around a little which is normal.

If that's not it try moving it around and looking it over real well.

Hi. That would be the bar oil filter pick up. Again a tube with a metal piece sliding around. Once filled with oil that sound should disappear.

Be safe. Enjoy.
Dave

Back