Double Eagle 80 de-comp valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neppok

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a recently purchased DB eagle 80 with very low hours in great shape after a little work runs ,starts fine . Although the de-comp valve port seems like it's plugged. The valve when removed is like new ,works fine. My question is witch direction is the small feed port ? I can't find it. Used a bent scribe to scrap every possible spot. It's clean. Runs fine and good power with it removed. Is it possible ,or has anybody seen one not drilled? Also my SP 81 seems to have a lot more compression. But they both seem to have about the same power in the wood. Thanks

The DE80 has the “q” port which will make it seem to have a lot less compression than the SP81. The port hole is in the center of the 3/8” hole that holds the valve. Quite likely yours wasn’t drilled at the factory or the cylinder was replaced with one that hasn’t been drilled. Early PM800s were not drilled. Easy fix, just drill a small hole in it. Use a sharp bit and go slow so you cut through the chrome instead of flaking it off. I have drilled all of my early 800s. I believe 1/16” is enough but I don’t recall. You could measure the port on your SP81 as a guide.

Ron

Back