What happened to all the Husqvarna dealers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna started requiring their dealers to sell a full line of equipment, not just saws. So, plenty of dealers just stopped selling Husqvarna entirely.

Then Madsen's in Centralia, WA didn't get that memo.

Absolutely HUGE, SAW shop, not a mower or tractor in sight.

They carry almost every model of Husqvarna, except the 3120XP. The first time I walked through the door, my jaw hit the floor, I just stood there and stared, I couldn't believe what I was looking at, I found my new Favorite Toy Store

Doug :cheers:

They carry almost every model of Husqvarna, except the 3120XP. The first time I walked through the door, my jaw hit the floor, I just stood there and stared, I couldn't believe what I was looking at, I found my new Favorite Toy Store

They’re in logging country so they get enough sales just selling saws

A local Stihl dealer in my area is now selling Huskys, and not Stihl. I have been by there twice in the last 8 weeks to ask them if they have the computer software for the computerized Huskys. They said both times that they knew nothing about that! I think that Stihl may have pulled out. No wonder.

What big box handles Husqvarna pro saws?

Might be different now, a wee bit ago at the Lowe’s commercial desk any piece of Husqvarna branded equipment could be ordered with a commercial account. The problem was finding an employee that knew how to do it and being willing to pay the ridiculous Husqvarna price.

Home Depot will do the same for Echo products and oddly some stores for any Makita owned product. If you could find an employee that knew how.

Supposedly, Rural King will get you any Stihl product, if you can find an employee. Have not been involved in a Rural King Stihl purchase.

I drive through Centralia on my way north to visit family. I’m torn between skipping it or not. I know if I go in I’m not getting out cheap. I’ll be damned if the misses doesn’t find something there to buy, too. I’ve got some gift certificates and I can hear a 462 calling my name.

Might be different now, a wee bit ago at the Lowe’s commercial desk any piece of Husqvarna branded equipment could be ordered with a commercial account. The problem was finding an employee that knew how to do it and being willing to pay the ridiculous Husqvarna price.

Home Depot will do the same for Echo products and oddly some stores for any Makita owned product. If you could find an employee that knew how.

Supposedly, Rural King will get you any Stihl product, if you can find an employee. Have not been involved in a Rural King Stihl purchase.
At the rural King here. The stihls are just sitting on the shelf. You take it to the checkout and pay for it. Nobody puts fuel in it and cranks it or tells you anything about it. It's not like a normal Stihl dealer

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Husky screwed with their dealers too much, wanted them to sell their mowers too.
This ^^ is what I was told by the Husky dealer in Cissna Park, IL. They already had the Toro line.
Four or five dealers w/i 75 miles of this area have closed over the last several years.

That is excellent, Stihls on the shelf, hah. The local rural king sells Echo, Poulan and BlueMax off the shelf. TimberTuff accessories. I do not go there often as it always looks like a toddler wandered through and knock everything onto the floor and pissed all over the bathroom. The local Walmart is much cleaner and better maintained even though it can do more business in an hour than Rural King might do in a week.

I know a couple of dealers who say they are continuing to make a profit, but not much is changing. My guess with all saws is that dealers are just not needed for any thing. What are dealers good for? Because they do service work. I bought three Husky 460 and one of them started leaking oil with in a few tank fulls of gas. So I thought what the heck its under warranty less than a month old. It might have leaked from the start. The dealer says it will be $150 to diagnose the problem and if there is some thing that is factory fault they would warranty it. They then tell me that it could be six weeks before it is repaired. No I want it in two days for free. So you can guess no business was conducted. I just went on line and bought another saw for $475 and it arrived with in four days. I have taken some parts off the new to determine if the problem has been solved. It is way cheaper to just buy new stuff and not worry about all the service requirements. Does this mean that all outdoor supply places are bad no not at all, but with online services dealers at least some are obsolete. Thanks

My local husky dealer took my advise decades ago and got into selling and repairing mowing equipment that’s were the big dollars are when you have estates with caretakers. Dealers need to stay hustling to survive. My dealer just bought out another dealer.

No matter what business your in never sit back and say this is all I’m ever gonna have mindset. look to the future and plan now. Your in control of your destiny, don’t sit back and accept things the way they are, fire yourself up and get going.

When I was out of work, company closed no fault of mine. I hussled firewood, fixed tractors sold them, tilled gardens, repaired tractors, did valve jobs, rebuilt engines, ported heads, I did anything that made money. Hit the flea market sell saw chain, sell bars, sell files, file chains, grind chains, grind bars, I did it all. Start a business up with places like stens for parts. Hook up with a wholesaler. Hit tag and estate sales then sell the stuff at a flea market.

I think most dealers are missing there calling with eBay. They can sell new and used parts, new saws, new hand tools, plus buy repair and sell used saws. Going by there feed back is who you choose to purchase from avoid the sleeve bags.

Back