Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are a Stihl dealer but only the battery stuff. Won't let me order anything. I do get 20% off the stuff we sell
Wonder if you could use the discount at other Ace Hardwares?
If you get any used up stihl chains don't throw them away, get in touch and I'll tell you why.

I am done! Got my 10 racks filled under the deck for this winter. Feels good to have that task done early.
34c59b9f31659742e2d52811d24be2bb.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I am done! Got my 10 racks filled under the deck for this winter. Feels good to have that task done early.

How much wood? About 3 cord? Looks good [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work Jeff :cheers:.
You already have a good amount ready to split for next yr too don't you.
We're getting some great weather here for working wood. Wish I felt better, I'd be tearing it up myself, but I'm happy to have gotten something done and under the woodshed for the first time :rock:. I'll need to get some lights out there for this winter.

15AFE41E-A754-4285-A6F6-B94534AE2659.jpeg Hard to get a good pic the way I have it scattered. 15 cords split and stacked, another 4-5 cords waiting to be split and stacked, that will happen next year. Usually use 5 cords a year so the wood waiting to be split won’t used until 2022. Probably bring home another 4 cords of oak. All sitting on plastic pallets and I’ll cover the top of all the split wood with tarps.

Interesting morning. Just had 3 state cop cars and 3 local municipality cop cars go flying down my country road with lights chasing a red crotch rocket. Guy on the crotch rocket was in for a surprise when he got to the end of the road, it is a T and the top of the T was was fresh tar and chipped yesterday. I don’t think he made the turn very well, sirens sounded off about the time they got to the T.

The racks are 4x8 so a facecord each. 3.33333333... full cord. Lol. I burn between 7.5 and 9 of these racks depending on the winter

I was way off, I though the bottom boards were at least 10' :oops:.
At least I got the first wrong of the day out of the way :laugh:.

Interesting morning. Just had 3 state cop cars and 3 local municipality cop cars go flying down my country road with lights chasing a red crotch rocket. Guy on the crotch rocket was in for a surprise when he got to the end of the road, it is a T and the top of the T was was fresh tar and chipped yesterday. I don’t think he made the turn very well, sirens sounded off about the time they got to the T.
Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do when they come for you.

Two nights ago there was a (sort of) high speed chase south of here. 42 year old woman ran west on the 4 lane for about 15 miles in a small suv, jumped the ditch and ran back to where the chase started before they got her stopped. Raining and speeds over 90 mph. IMO cops give these people too much leeway these days. If someone fails to pull over after more than a couple minutes, they should be employing spike strips and/or PIT maneuver in a safe empty area to prevent them from going into residential area.

Just watched a video last night where cops chased a little Toyota into a plowed field. Had they suburban right next to it at slow speed and squads behind it. They went through at least a half mile of field and back into residential area and several more miles of high speed chase. Ram the bastard in the field and be done eight them!!!!

Back