Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KiwiBro really want to question your sanity making joints? That’s woodworking, not weed.

Is that a stronger joint than a traditional dovetail? I just marvel at the skills and experience needed to knock out perfect crazy joints.

There's a guy on youtube that does a 'joint of the week' video each week. Love his stuff, he's pretty sensible with it most times.

On the milling section here there is a thread of what people have made with their milled timber. A poster on there, username bmac or the like, does some fantastic hand-made dovetails and projects.

I, probably because being an incompetent hack revelling in mediocrity, tend towards clean, simple, but strong joints. The tricky joints are like that gorgeous red head you tried dating in your younger years. Beautiful but her and her equally stunning mother turns you loco if you spend too much time around or chasing them.

The only reason that joint I posted a pic of recently is so busy with all the inlays, is because I stuffed up way back in the design stage, changed my mind and a cascading litany of stuff-ups and poor decisions ensued, making the whole thing more busy than it should have been. I was pretty much one stuff up away from firewood by the time I made it out of that rabbit hole.

I am done! Got my 10 racks filled under the deck for this winter. Feels good to have that task done early.
34c59b9f31659742e2d52811d24be2bb.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Good work. I put 6 cord between the wood shed and the back porch. Moving that much is not a pleasant job if don all at once so I do a couple loads every few days most of the summer. I am down to the last 3/4 cord to fit into the porch.

Our beautiful calico went to heaven last night at the age of 18 years and 4 months. Sad to say goodbye but she certainly lived a long full life, including visits to 32 states.

View attachment 758026
Sorry to hear of the passing of your long time companion @svk We have had to say goodbye to a number of our furry friends over the years and it was never easy.

Our beautiful calico went to heaven last night at the age of 18 years and 4 months. Sad to say goodbye but she certainly lived a long full life, including visits to 32 states.

View attachment 758026

:(

Sorry to hear that, mate. It's always hard to say goodbye to furry family members.

This is a bit weird/freaky, but your cat popped into my mind this morning for some reason. You'd posted pictures of her previously and she looks similar to our tortoiseshell/white cat Jessie (Cowcat Mk II). And then I read that she died today.

Well not much wood scrounging today, my helper seems to have lost ambition..View attachment 756624 Think she has it figured out, good day to relax:)
I was using my log tape to messure our new mostly free trailer View attachment 756623and it wouldn’t rewind, might be time for a new one..View attachment 756625

they can do that! by the looks of it, seems it may have rewound up... hundreds, if not thousands of times. maybe a drop of oil, if not a broken spring or attmt point...

Went up to the cabin mid day yesterday and returned home late today (had to be at home yesterday morning). I brought up the second bench (Black Oak half round) and cut some wood.

The cabin now has furniture appropriate for a hunting cabin … Oak Table and two half round benches (one Oak, one Hickory). The table is a mix of Red + Black Oak.

nice MM! - I was wanting to see the two together. I finished a pine to walnut-like bench project. hard and dry now, just need to put it back together...

Latest posts

Back