Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, sorry about your cat.

But I like all the pics of the pet garter snakes! We used to have one in the wood pile in the old cabin, he would come out and watch us eat dinner.

Seems like he tried to hibernate in a box with newspaper in it, and the mice ate him! There was nothing left but his Skelton.

Have a mouse in my entry way. Only saw 1 time but it wasn't small yet managed to eat peanut butter off the trap 2x's now without tripping it! Grrr!
I make them supper sensitive by adjusting the part where the rod goes onto the flap, just squeeze it a little with a pair of pliers. The other thing is I'm not feeding them, I usually take a nut out of the container and shove it in the hole so they have to dig at it. I have a hard time setting mine down once baited and set and they still get off with it every now and then.
Just set the mole trap last night, I haven't had one in a long time, I got 35 or more this spring :).

Besides grocery shopping my big accomplishment for the day was getting the new flex pipe on the van.

Which of course meant removing the old. Lots of heat and a China fresh pipe wrench to beat it apart. Flange on the new pipe wasn't a perfect match for the holes but a little grinding and it was fine.

Glad to have that off the list I hate exhaust leaks.

Won't feed the mouse today. See what I can do tomorrow.

This should help my explanation.
64c77db08a6a0419078035a78fd2fae1.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

nice work! I like the creativity of it. stacking wood, almost any kind of pile is a bit art. funny how none of the stix seem to match well initially, but then as u move a bit here or there... up the line or around in it.. then yes, there... and in it goes. near perfect fit! :D a place for each stix and each stix in it...

true, plumb and square! ~
P1160029.JPG

Just to be safe, pour the Coke into the wrapped brisket, not the whole can. You never know who might read that and blow themselves up.

right! one never knows... lol (public forum)

------------------ now its getting more confusing... how much of coke? u sed: "not the whole can."

lol, j/k

The tricky joints are like that gorgeous red head you tried dating in your younger years. Beautiful but her and her equally stunning mother turns you loco if you spend too much time around or chasing them.

Somehow I get the feeling that this is not a hypothetical analogy.

How our are costal Canadian friends fairing? Saw the storm has dropped a lot of rain on that area.

Still 200k + customers without power .
Cell, internet and home phones very spotty because towers and distribution hubs lost power .
All schools in the province are closed .
All good for me here at the shop but I can't get a hold of two from my three main suppliers .
It was more of a wide , hard and fast wind event than rain event for us .

Still 200k + customers without power .
Cell, internet and home phones very spotty because towers and distribution hubs lost power .
All schools in the province are closed .
All good for me here at the shop but I can't get a hold of two from my three main suppliers .
It was more of a wide , hard and fast wind event than rain event for us .
Glad you're okay :cheers:.

Well this morning I’m waiting on the manager of the gas company. With the improved road we are converting our cabin from cylinders to bulk tank and he needs to advise on location of bulk tank. I’m not going to miss shlepping 100 pounders around in the snow!!!!
Swing by anytime Steve and bring the big guns :muscle:.
I have a couple that I use for the water heater, only thing I have that's run by propane. I do have a wall heater I used in here when we first bought this place, but it hasn't been used in around 9yrs.
The good thing is I've found I can bring the tractor bucket to the back of the trailer and roll the tank into the bucket and then carry it to the hookup point and roll them out of the bucket, it's pretty easy. I figured that out a few yrs ago, funny I had the tractor, so many things it can be used for and I don't even realize it.
This spring my neighbor who just bought a b series Kubota wanted my help loading the yard aerator into the back of his little truck. I could have done it, but why make a 60 some yr old guy lift that machine when he just bought a 20k tractor(it has the excavator on it :envy::envy::envy::envy:). When I suggested it to him he was like okay, I got it lol.

Latest posts

Back