562XP Durability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most sawhands in my world rotate their saws out every two years. They are in the 1500-2000 hr range and are potentially wore out (needing full checkout/overhaul) at that point.

These days many (the mechanicaly proficient ones) are trying to keep some of their older favourites going because they don’t like the new saws’ complexities and sometimes related problems (and initial cost).

One old veteran last winter was running 372oe’s and buying up every one he came across.

i had a 562xp that had the PTO bearing cage disintegrate after 3 months, it was repaired under warranty then 6 months later the same thing happened, i wanted my money back but the dealer convinced me to take a new saw, this one lasted 4 months before the piston pin came lose and destroyed the topend so i got my money back and bought a Stihl ms 362, this was 5 years ago and i have not had any problems with the Stihl even though it has literally done 20 times more work than the 562xp . I cannot recommend the 562xp with a good conscience.

i had a 562xp that had the PTO bearing cage disintegrate after 3 months, it was repaired under warranty then 6 months later the same thing happened, i wanted my money back but the dealer convinced me to take a new saw, this one lasted 4 months before the piston pin came lose and destroyed the topend so i got my money back and bought a Stihl ms 362, this was 5 years ago and i have not had any problems with the Stihl even though it has literally done 20 times more work than the 562xp . I cannot recommend the 562xp with a good conscience.
Sounds like your mix didn't agree with the Husky bottom ends. Compared to five years ago these are pretty problem free now.

Sounds like your mix didn't agree with the Husky bottom ends. Compared to five years ago these are pretty problem free now.
i don't know what mix agrees with the delicate bottom ends of the 562 but i use the same fuel i use for all my stihls and huskys and never had problems like this, its just poor QC.

Wow what a terrible experience ! Fortunately I have not had any problem like that, in fact I love my 562 !
I use 50-1 Husqvarna and Stihl oil that I believe is synthetic.

Latest posts

Back