Felling Lever/Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shagbark

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can someone who uses a felling bar explain to me the benefits of having one. My CAD is telling me I need one.

Felling levers have gained popularity in Europe; they aren't seen here Stateside as often. Those are long ones, not the short-handled guys. We have a short one, sold under the Husky brand, made by Fiskars. I've used it a few times with smaller trees when wedges would be overkill. It's actually more useful as a cant hook than for felling.

It needs a wider kerf than wedges ~ and there's the prospect of having steel in your back cut rather than plastic or wooden wedges.

My levers fit in the back cut .
While that video show the use there are much better videos out there .

It's another tool in the tool box , I have the 3 different lengths, they all have their place , I don't go on any felling jobs without them .
YMMV

My levers fit in the back cut .
While that video show the use there are much better videos out there .

It's another tool in the tool box , I have the 3 different lengths, they all have their place , I don't go on any felling jobs without them .
YMMV

Brand name?

Didn't Jonsered make an inflatable by exhaust wedge? Watched an instructor use a felling wedge in small poles, it worked well. K&H for the win IMO

Latest posts

Back