Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to give the clutch a hit with rubber hammer to get it on over that key but that's not an option on this side.
The cam is pretty thin, so I'm a little worried about using force.
Should the cam just slide over the key?
Pull the flywheel key out to install your parts, and then put the key back in. Don't file or hit anything.

View attachment 756821 View attachment 756822 View attachment 756823 I've Got a problem!
Putting a Pioneer S620 together but the points cam does not want to fit over the woodruff key on the crank.
Figured I better ask those more experienced for their wisdom before I break something.

Like the other guys say, pull the key with a pair of dikes (wire cutters) and file it to fit. No need to fight it. Make sure the cam is the right direction. Look for the arrow denoting rotation.

Also, what is that window cut into the case behind the cam? I don't remember that on those Pioneers. Also, it looks like I can see the oil seal garter spring through that window. If so, that seal is in backwards.

Chris B.

I'm running into a problem in getting a 20 in.3/8 .050 gauge bar for my 1100.I don't know what bar mount pattern it's supposed to take.Acres' site says it's supposed to take a K095 mount,but has a pic of a D196 mount.I measured the studs by the threads & it was at just under 8 mm.The D196 is 9.5 mm.
Ed

I'm running into a problem in getting a 20 in.3/8 .050 gauge bar for my 1100.I don't know what bar mount pattern it's supposed to take.Acres' site says it's supposed to take a K095 mount,but has a pic of a D196 mount.I measured the studs by the threads & it was at just under 8 mm.The D196 is 9.5 mm.
Ed
May be difficult to find something not .058.

Ed

Ed,

Get a 3/8 extension spring (which has an ID of 5/16) and snip 3 or 4 coils off for each bar stud. That will bring the stud size up to 3/8 size up to. They used to supply an "S" clip with the Windsor UXL bars to do that but they are hard to come by and the springs work just as well.

S clip.jpg

Like the other guys say, pull the key with a pair of dikes (wire cutters) and file it to fit. No need to fight it. Make sure the cam is the right direction. Look for the arrow denoting rotation.

Also, what is that window cut into the case behind the cam? I don't remember that on those Pioneers. Also, it looks like I can see the oil seal garter spring through that window. If so, that seal is in backwards.

Chris B.
Good eye, it is. I put the other side in the right way . That s the original S620 case with those cutouts.

Ed,

Get a 3/8 extension spring (which has an ID of 5/16) and snip 3 or 4 coils off for each bar stud. That will bring the stud size up to 3/8 size up to. They used to supply an "S" clip with the Windsor UXL bars to do that but they are hard to come by and the springs work just as well.

View attachment 758762

I have often grabbed one of those big copper colored staples from a heavy duty cardboard box and rebent the ends to fit around the bar studs, has worked many times to get a saw back out and cutting again. Many other ways to do it but sometimes I just use something just sitting there and make it go.

Back