Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me waiting on my brother to swing the stumps around for me to load up on trailer.
07f23bacbee384d295b82f3ae7206f10.jpg

Steve Sidwell

With it being almost the same cc what is the difference between them

The Poulan Pro 455 is a older saw and is reed valve. It turns at a slower RPM but these saws were known for their torque and holding well in the cut. I believe it was also a Poulan designed saw.

The Poulan Pro 445 is a piston ported saw and will turn a much higher RPM and was designed by Partner. It is also a closed quad transfer port saw which performs very well. The 445 is a little bit more hard to find but if you do they are really good performing saws.

The Poulan Pro 455 is a older saw and is reed valve. It turns at a slower RPM but these saws were known for their torque and holding well in the cut. I believe it was also a Poulan designed saw.

The Poulan Pro 445 is a piston ported saw and will turn a much higher RPM and was designed by Partner. It is also a closed quad transfer port saw which performs very well. The 445 is a little bit more hard to find but if you do they are really good performing saws.
Electrolux bought Poulan, Pioneer and Partner. The Poulan Pro 455 is based off of the Pioneer P45 Hi-Performance. The PP525 is a pioneer P52 with extra port. The PP655 is essentially a Pioneer P65. The PP445 is actually made by Jonsered and branded PP. I have a Poulan Pro 505 but it is actually a Jonsered 2083. Electrolux owns Jonsered, Husqvarna, Poulan and McCulloch nowadays. At least this is what I have found through my research but I can't confirm it as fact.

Electrolux bought Poulan, Pioneer and Partner. The Poulan Pro 455 is based off of the Pioneer P45 Hi-Performance. The PP525 is a pioneer P52 with extra port. The PP655 is essentially a Pioneer P65. The PP445 is actually made by Jonsered and branded PP. I have a Poulan Pro 505 but it is actually a Jonsered 2083. Electrolux owns Jonsered, Husqvarna, Poulan and McCulloch nowadays. At least this is what I have found through my research but I can't confirm it as fact.

I believe you are correct the 455 as in that whole series was a pioneer design, but the series of saws like the 415, 445, 475 and 505 were a partner design and the Jonsered 2083 and 2077 were copies of the poulan series to my knowledge. Now my disclaimer is that it has been awhile so my memory is not always spot on. Some things I remember real well and some things just so so.

For those of you who may not know the Poulan Pro 505 is a 83cc saw with duel closed port transfers. A good running and at one time they could be acquired at decent price. My biggest complaint is the plastic clutch covers do not hold up very well and start cracking around the holes for the bar studs.

You may be right. I am no expert. When I bought my Poulan pro 505 I needed parts and could not find any of the part numbers from Poulan. A mechanic at a Stihl and Husqvarna dealer told me that the 505 was a Jonsered 2083 and all parts would interchange. He was right about the parts interchange because I got a Jonsered 2083 IPL and ordered the parts I needed. Thay were an exact fit everything except the clutch cover. The jonsered cover was magnesium and red, the Poulan one was yellow plastic. I just thought that the Poulan was a cheaper model Jonsered. Even if I am wrong, This time period of saws was owned by Electrolux and still is to this day I believe.

Latest posts

Back