Hot Blast - Larger Blower Unit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi my name is Curtis. I just recently bought a hot blast 1331 e and used it last winter. I was researching a larger blower for this unit and found this forum. Not much out there that has any info on it. I can’t seem to look at your pictures you posted and wanted to know if you had the same model. A heating and cooling guy told me it wouldn’t work. My house is 1250 square feet and the single blower just doesn’t warm the house up. If I buy a 3 speed blower and run it on low I feel it would do a much better job.

Hi my name is Curtis. I just recently bought a hot blast 1331 e and used it last winter. I was researching a larger blower for this unit and found this forum. Not much out there that has any info on it. I can’t seem to look at your pictures you posted and wanted to know if you had the same model. A heating and cooling guy told me it wouldn’t work. My house is 1250 square feet and the single blower just doesn’t warm the house up. If I buy a 3 speed blower and run it on low I feel it would do a much better job.
Not to jump right on you questioning your ability to run a wood burning device but well ...are you sure you ran it properly? I know the Hotblast stuff has a bad rep. for poor efficiency but they make a ton of heat.

My house has a main electric furnace in the middle of the house. This wood furnace plugs into the existing duct work. The small blower on the wood furnace barely moves the curtains upstairs. I just feel it doesn’t have enough forced air.

Thanks! That looks like a much bigger furnace than what I have though. Mine has a single small blower on it. Does it matter with the size of the furnace?

Attachments

• E5781F7F-25AD-471B-B37E-4597C0EA7DB9.jpeg
    E5781F7F-25AD-471B-B37E-4597C0EA7DB9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 7165C1CA-E9D2-42A0-8561-3E8D2A384C59.jpeg
    7165C1CA-E9D2-42A0-8561-3E8D2A384C59.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back