New to me HT 131 Pole Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnowhooker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Didn't get any hits on equipment forum so I thought I would try here

The pole saw runs and cuts good but after looking at diagram the rubber o rings at each end are missing on the outside of shaft what is there function.... keep dirt out? Do you think somebody had shaft apart and what should I be checking for wear.
Thanks

Usually on those, if someone has had the shaft apart, it was not able to be put back together correctly.
The shaft falls out on the ground when the tube is extended too far.

Thanks..........the rubber o rings number 3 on diagram are they just to keep dirt out both of mine are missing and I just taped around where they were supposed to be.

Yes to keep dirt and moisture out. Those o rings are notorious for stretching and breaking. It's a good idea to spray never seize or grease inside to help protect the shafts and bearings. They can get pretty dirty inside even rusty if not properly stored. Biggest wear point is the bearings inside the pole, you will hear them grinding if one fails and will feel excessive vibration. It's an awesome and handy tool just remember they are delicate and can bend and break easy if misused like getting stuck in oversized wrongly cut falling branches. Practice small reliefs and proper cuts on smaller lower branches first.

Thanks for the info.......can I pull saw head and shoot silicon down shaft and will it get to bearings that way?

My Stihl guy told me just extend the shaft, lightly oil it, and push back in, it will find the bearings. There's a special Stihl oil you can buy, mine was eaten by mice. I'd say silicon spray would be just fine.

Latest posts

Back