What after market pistons?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
With quite an assortment of offerings in after market pistons which ones do your prefer?
Do you purchase am piston and use caber rings? Are all or most of the pistons manufactured by one manufacturer and just reboxed? Repriced?

Meteor as stated above as from my experience the rest are too soft and want last. Little Red barn, Hyway and Golf brand are so so, but unless on a tight budget don't get.
Lil red barn has some hard to find pistons, but Meteor is the go to, and they come with Caber rings.

Depends on the saw IMO. Meteor or Hyway. But generally OEM.

Do some searching this topic has been covered several times.

I do think vec/china pistons are better than no piston. But yeah get good rings.

I also did some researching and Meteor pistons are forged the others seem to be cast. Meteor also offers cylinders too. I asked about piston brands now because things do change over time. I’m not looking to re invent the wheel but to ask for your experiences with different brands.

I just managed to find a new italian BRumor 2100 husky cylinder. I’d like to put it with a oem piston if I can find one. If I can’t then it’s am piston.

I picked up new oem husky piston kits with cylinders for a 570, 372, 285 saws. They in the stash.

Thanks for all your help.

Latest posts

Back