Stihl chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i don’t know that much about the Stihl chain saws. What’s the difference between a super and a regular saw.? How do you tell what’s a pro saw and a home owner saw? Is a farmboss like a husky rancher?

I’m not jumping off the husky ship but I’d like to collect a few Stihl saws. To see how the other half lives.

A super usually has a 2mm bigger piston, a Pro saw has a magnesium (metal case) and a homeowners saw has a plastic case and there are other differences also. THe last question is usually yes.

It use to be the even number like 026 036 044 046 066 088 were the pro saws of the last generation, were as the home owner were the 025 039 you get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I can see, 0x4, 0x6 are pro saws with the exception of 088 which is also a pro saw. MSx4x and MS x6x are pro saws with the exception of the MS88x which is also a pro saw. There's also the MS200(t) and MS201(t) which are pro saws. Top handle saws, etc., also seem to be pro saws.

Back