Bringing bluetooth to a felling wedge near you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozhoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just when you thought the market of useless gadgets couldn't get any worse, Husqvarna got the patent for a "Tree Felling Wedge Giving Tree Felling Alert"... bringing bluetooth to a felling wedge near you.

Don't forget to charge your wedges before leaving for work. :laughing:

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• 0(4).pdf
    617.3 KB · Views: 9
Coming from a homeowner who is just cleaning up a messy yard, and only occasionally has used a wedge... I don't even take my phone out with me, since it's way too easy to get a woodchip in the USB port.

Hell, I take a nice cheap 2-way radio in case I need to reach my wife. Otherwise it just plays FM radio from my belt.

Maybe it is for those nasty ones you try to fall against the lean and get the cuts wrong, it sits back on your wedges, or just wont go before you run out of balls and it starts to make you nervous.
Then you tap in your bluetooth wedge very lightly into the back cut, pack up your gear and go to the pub for a beer to settle the nerves- all the while with your mobile phone in your pocket awaiting the "beep"to say the tree has finally fallen, then you go back to clean up the mess? :surprised3:;):cheers:

Maybe it is for those nasty ones you try to fall against the lean and get the cuts wrong, it sits back on your wedges, or just wont go before you run out of balls and it starts to make you nervous.
Then you tap in your bluetooth wedge very lightly into the back cut, pack up your gear and go to the pub for a beer to settle the nerves- all the while with your mobile phone in your pocket awaiting the "beep"to say the tree has finally fallen, then you go back to clean up the mess? :surprised3:;):cheers:
Lol:laugh:

I ordered some.
The box and shipping bill said:
Fragile...Handle with care.

I opened the box and they each had a label that read;
Please don't knock it ' till you buy it.

They have got to be joking here.

I think I'm quitting those idiots after that.

I am getting back In the game after a few yrs and was going to buy a new Husqvarna on Friday....as I did for 28 yrs but I think my next Husqvarna is going to be a stihl.

Probably a metal wedge too.

What in the f—ch is that stupid thing going to do when you alternative wedges?
Haha

" Prepare for egress...Alert!..High side egress Alert! High side egress...
... Abort! Abort!.....Resume wedging... tree sitting back...Resume wedging.

Of course it wouldn't get two words in before it would be changing modes.

It would short circuit.

Maybe make it an
Automated external defibrillator (AED) next time.

I think it has bluetooth to connect to something else. There must be some problem we don't know about being solved.
I'm thinking activating a winch automaticly for example (my wife tends to pull a rope to soon which pinches my bar for example, but I hope that is a very rare case)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

I don’t have a Bluetooth and don’t carry the cheapest cell phone with me. Does this mean my wife at home will hear this wedge talk? What about Alexa? She listens and talks why not use her lol.

I think it has bluetooth to connect to something else. There must be some problem we don't know about being solved.
I'm thinking activating a winch automaticly for example (my wife tends to pull a rope to soon which pinches my bar for example, but I hope that is a very rare case)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Yeah it's hard to get the whole package for a wife, eh? Right so 'the helper' wears a coller and when they mess up it administers a shock theropy. I think I was on to something that is more versatile with the AED device. Of course you would need a disciplinary settings as well as the cardiac arrest setting. J/k ..Sounds like a cool wife.
-------

Ok...well that makes more sense. When ever I start fading on a hard to wedge over tree then it will detect the delay in swing intervuls and the deminishing force and I will never have to turn around and yell...

" HEY KOOL AID" !!!! ever again?

Wasn’t there a felling wedge that swelled up that ran off the chain saw decades ago?

Kool aid, kool aid tastes great wish I had some can’t wait.

Wasn’t there a felling wedge that swelled up that ran off the chain saw decades ago?

Kool aid, kool aid tastes great wish I had some can’t wait.
It made me think of something I read I few days ago on here about an inflatable wedge?? I think??? Then I though maybe it was a dream. Some of this new stuff starts separating our minds from the reality we know.
Yeah then I remembered it ran off the chainsaw. I thought it was something new? Regardless it was something I was able to erase from my mind the second I finished reading it.

Maybe it was something you wrote Bill?
Yes? No? Or we read the same thing.
No, I had never heard anything like that.
----
The KOOL aid jingle.
As kids we would always sing...

KOOL AID KOOL AID...
Taste great
Godda go to the bathroom
To late

Latest posts

Back