Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here’s the pics I promised. Finished up cutting the trunk off the rootball and dragging it out and bucked it. Here’s Wayne bucking the trunk with the 9010 and knocking off the limb knobs off the trunk for easier handling with the 6421View attachment 758736 View attachment 758737 . I carry a spare pair of chaps but Wayne won’t wear them.

I bet Wayne was sporting more than a smile after using the big saw. I hope his wife was ready :numberone:!

I stopped to look at chains at L and M today.....

They only had one version of 70 DL chain, which wasn't what I wanted.

Best one: 72 DL .050 Oregon LGX was $26.54 a loop!!!! But 72 DL .058 LGX was $19.95. I asked the guy working the small engine desk why the difference and if there was possibly an error because they are usually the same price "I dunno, they repriced things last week, that's what it is."

Stihl chain not made in 70 DL either. So I guess I will either shop the trading post here or hit Amazon.
Member dsell will make what you need and he usually has a bunch already made up, he's great for new Oregon chains.

Hard to beat his price too and fast shipping.
Yep.
I have a had time not filling the bag/box because the price per chain goes down as the shipping per chain goes down.
Few months ago I was a bit surprised at just how much I had spent on bars and chains over a two week period :surprised3:.
But it's all stuff I'll use or sell and the prices were right so...

Thanks, i just bought a cabin on a 10 acres woodlot so atv gonna be helpful I think !
You're welcome.
It will be, it sure is nice to be able to get around and to haul things around.
Did you get a trailer hitch setup for it, I've pulled a lot of stuff around with mine.
Congrats on the property/cabin too :happy:.
Whens the gtg:barbecue:.

You're welcome.
It will be, it sure is nice to be able to get around and to haul things around.
Did you get a trailer hitch setup for it, I've pulled a lot of stuff around with mine.
Congrats on the property/cabin too :happy:.
Whens the gtg:barbecue:.

Yes there's a hitch ball and I also bought an homemade trailer with real big wheels, look like front tractor wheels. Im gonna post picture when Im gonna have it.

Get a winch mounted on the front, I use mine a lot for pulling big rounds off the trailer when I bring them home.

Already have one, 2500 pounds I think.

dog wood, you can eat those
Yep, my mother in law has several of them. My daughter stays with her during the week. She brought home a zip loc bag full and said they were delicious. Tried one and they are good. Kind of like eating crabs though, just a little dab of sweet jelly inside. Would take a bunch to fill up on.

I've been busy clearing a building site near Tobermory in my spare work days. I don't know how loggers can do this all day every day. I took a bunch of equipment up there to make it easier on me. The owner has me piling the poplar, cedar, white pine and tamarack logs in the heavy bush. They will rot long before he ever gets to cutting them. Between him and me we are chipping most of the branches and smaller trees. I have an excavator and dozer coming in to remove stumps and push them back into the bush then dig the house when I'm done playing. It's been cool enough so I haven't seen any rattle snakes in awhile which is good. I've cut about 50 trees down that were over 15" diameter and likely several hundred that were smaller. Still have 25 big ones and 100's of smaller ones to go yet.

Attachments

• 20190910_171404.jpg
    20190910_171404.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 20190910_171352.jpg
    20190910_171352.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20190909_174604.jpg
    20190909_174604.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
Back