Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So close to being done. Honda on the splitter gave up the ghost.

89583e5a65b5bc6709f8045337a6f64d.jpg

sent from a field
Sorry to hear that neighbor.
Pretty sure I have a 5.5 horizontal in the basement.
If you need any help with it I'll be in Portland tomorrow with my tools, sometimes fresh set of eyes is all that's needed.
Many times when they pop like that they blow the choke closed, did you see that happen.
I'd still go with the carb needing to be cleaned, I've done many of those and many of the eu2000i generator carbs, they are easy and usually require no parts just cleaning.

Sorry to hear that neighbor.
Pretty sure I have a 5.5 horizontal in the basement.
If you need any help with it I'll be in Portland tomorrow with my tools, sometimes fresh set of eyes is all that's needed.
Many times when they pop like that they blow the choke closed, did you see that happen.
I'd still go with the carb needing to be cleaned, I've done many of those and many of the eu2000i generator carbs, they are easy and usually require no parts just cleaning.

My first thought was the carb sucked up some junk. So that was the first thing I did was take the carb apart and clean it, make sure nothing is blocked. It was pretty spotless... jet was clean, all passages were open. It wouldn't even pop when dosing the filter with gas...

It did not appear to have moved the choke.

Thanks for the offer, I picked up a spark plug yesterday, hopefully Ill get to it tonight. Between marching band for the boy and percussion lessons and archery for the girl, and 12 hours at my day job... there isn't alot of time during the week to get anything else done. Left the house at 5:45 yesterday and didn't leave work until 5:15 only to head straight to the high school to help get marching band rehearsal set up and settle the girl into archery lessons. Left the school around 9:15...

My first thought was the carb sucked up some junk. So that was the first thing I did was take the carb apart and clean it, make sure nothing is blocked. It was pretty spotless... jet was clean, all passages were open. It wouldn't even pop when dosing the filter with gas...

It did not appear to have moved the choke.

Thanks for the offer, I picked up a spark plug yesterday, hopefully Ill get to it tonight. Between marching band for the boy and percussion lessons and archery for the girl, and 12 hours at my day job... there isn't alot of time during the week to get anything else done. Left the house at 5:45 yesterday and didn't leave work until 5:15 only to head straight to the high school to help get marching band rehearsal set up and settle the girl into archery lessons. Left the school around 9:15...
Sounds like you've done what I would have. One little trick I do is with the main nozzle I will spray it out with brake parts cleaner, if it's not 100% clear I hold the nozzle with pliers and hit it with a mini torch, then the brake parts cleaner(not at the same time :surprised3::blob2::lol:) to make sure I got it clean. Please let us know how the plug goes, hope it works for you :).
Welcome.
I know those days all too well :dizzy:, I still do plenty of running hence the reason I'll be down in Portland just as I am multiple times a week. That being said if you need anything this fall let me know and I'll run it down. Including that motor as it's just sitting in the basement, I bought it around 3 yrs ago so...

Been trying to buy boiler wood for our cedar springs site for a year. Not very easy.

sent from a field
To me it is the easiest cause there is only a small amount of splitting needed as only the pieces larger than 12" round need to be split. I'd happily make boiler wood for anyone who wanted.

To me it is the easiest cause there is only a small amount of splitting needed as only the pieces larger than 12" round need to be split. I'd happily make boiler wood for anyone who wanted.
That's what I thought too. And these places can pawn off their uglies.....

Anything other than typical firewood and it's like talking to wet cardboard.

sent from a field

Did that.

I'm gonna replace the plug. I remember a long time ago having a similar issue where the plug fired when removed, but did not fire when installed.

Everything else seems to be in order.

sent from a field
Twas the plug. Fired up on the first pull.

sent from a field

Been trying to buy boiler wood for our cedar springs site for a year. Not very easy.

sent from a field
What's this "cedar springs site" you speak of.
I have people you know :yes:.
Twas the plug. Fired up on the first pull.

sent from a field
Glad to hear.
What kind of plug was it that went bad.

Latest posts

Back