Simple Axe Sheath

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Sheath Serendipity

Sheaths protect the edge of an axe and anything it comes in contact with.. Was looking for a cheap, simple way to make sheaths for some STIHL Forestry axes. Thought about fire hose, leather from old boots, corrugated lawn signs, bleach bottle plastic, . . .

My local STIHL dealer happened to have some of the old school saw sheaths on clearance, so I tried the same thing I did with our pole saw, using zip ties, para cord, and cord locks to hold it in place. Simple, cheap, hard to lose, brand consistent, and you can still pound wedges if you route the cord lock to the side.

IMG_3799 - Version 2.jpg IMG_3800 - Version 2.jpg IMG_3801 - Version 2.jpg

Philbert

Sheath Serendipity

Sheaths protect the edge of an axe and anything it comes in contact with.. Was looking for a cheap, simple way to make sheaths for some STIHL Forestry axes. Thought about fire hose, leather from old boots, corrugated lawn signs, bleach bottle plastic, . . .

My local STIHL dealer happened to have some of the old school saw sheaths on clearance, so I tried the same thing I did with our pole saw, using zip ties, para cord, and cord locks to hold it in place. Simple, cheap, hard to lose, brand consistent, and you can still pound wedges if you route the cord lock to the side.

View attachment 758930 View attachment 758931 View attachment 758932

Philbert

Good idea have to try it

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Back