Bringing bluetooth to a felling wedge near you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they have also invented a new 21st century logging helmet, with super grade earmuffs that block out all sound, but have bluetooth connectivity and a visor that flashes down black screen like the new welding helmets if you happen to look up into direct sunlight. So basically you are cutting deaf and blind......... occupational health and safety is getting near that ridiculous.........
Therefore, bluetooth equipped wedges sending a signal to the new super helmet muffs is the only indication you have of the tree about to go from standing to laying on the ground? :ices_rofl:

New smart helmet is a worthy idea. If they can make a good for nothing smart wedge then they can make a smart helmet.

Falls and then falling objects are the two biggest killers in construction.

I helmet that detects something that's about to fall would save many injuries & fatalities. Yes? No? It will probably happen.

I like ripping on engineers as much as the next person who has worked on "engineered" garbage, but I'm guessing this patent is more of a legal move to have a foothold on Bluetooth safety gear in the future. A small section of the patent could apply to/ block other competitors from making something (at least without them profiting) and that gives them the market edge. Corporations do this all the time. In an ever changing technological and now more than ever safety bridled market, stuff like this can be important to keep an edge. That being said a Bluetooth wedge is ridiculous.

"If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it still make noise?" Now we'll know the answer!

You will get an alert on your phone..... now the world will know, that trees really do fall down without us knowing, yet another 1st world problem solved by Bluetooth, I wonder if you could setup an email address to send an alert by email in case your phone is dead

Technology is great but with that being said it sure does remove a lot of jobs from people. I remember back in the day when we would have a good amount of guys out in the woods clearing and now they use a big ass machine and a operator. Wait till the day comes when the laser zapping gun is invented. You can Deadwood, prune or takedown a tree from sitting in your car and just aim and shoot the limbs off. Were all be out of a job. Lol :crazy2:

Y’all missing the point of this device. It is not intended for the Faller at all. What it does is alert the ground peeps that it will very shortly be time to put their phones away (again) and get to work already, dammit!

"Hey, did you get the alert? Yah, we had better go do something now"

Bluetooth in the wedge? So I can talk to Mom with the wedge? :dumb:

I'm pretty sure I've invented a few words trying to get the ear buds to latch into the phone so I can work while still talking on the phone. Hard to do stuff 1 handed otherwise.

Back