ms500i soon ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The catalog in Canada said Spring of 2019. Still haven't seen one. Most of the pro saws in Canada say Made in Germany on them. Customs might be an issue then. Customs is a bunch of retards.

Some dealers don’t have a clue, I talked to one a month or two about the stihl fuel injected and they had no idea what I was talking about. I wanted to ask them “so...what is it that ya do here????”

Why does Stihl wait til fall or late fall/early winter. I am about done cutting, and now only helping neighbors. Who's going to be shopping for a ms500i in December? Wives, girlfriends looking for the perfect gift for MrChainsaw, yeah right....

Some dealers don’t have a clue, I talked to one a month or two about the stihl fuel injected and they had no idea what I was talking about. I wanted to ask them “so...what is it that ya do here????”

Same thing at my dealer. You would think that Stihl would start getting the word out. Do a bit of Marketing. Hard to sell something if no one knows it exists.

Waiting for fall? Its still summer.
Meteorological Fall started Sept 1

Last week of warm weather coming up then a big cool down that looks like it will last.

The Stihl dealer I frequent says the 500i is in their catalog but no price yet.
He said he has gotten two folks that want one when they arrive:innocent:

In my area any wood to cut in November thru March is several feet within snow. A November or December saw purchase would sit in the shop with any warrantee ticking away to nothing.

I live a bit further south than you. December can be good wood cutting weather around here. Temperatures can be cold, but bearable. Short daylight hours is all.

Hey Nate, Thank you for your question. At this time we do not have an approximate release date for the STIHL MS 500i in the US. We understand and appreciate STIHL customers who have been patiently waiting for it. We hope to see it out in the market sometime in the first half of next year. Please stay in touch with your local authorized STIHL dealer during this time. Best Regards.

Back