Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Just did a dry run on the current recycled floor project. I should be able to glue it up tonight or tomorrow. I've been accosted by angry neighbours in assorted areas when I'm chopping down trees. The plonkas don't realise this "environmental wrecking ball" as one such moron called me, takes the use of our resources just as if not more, seriously than they ever did. Not to say we are anywhere near perfect but it's crazy how much society ruins or wastes for want of a bit of extra thought or labour. The unsustainability of it all makes me cringe sometimes. How can we look future generations in the eye and say we've done our bit for the world they will inherit?

It makes me laugh that these rich folks go to a convention and then they say that people like me should not be allowed to drive a high performance car. Keep in mind they flew to the convention on a private jet that burned my resource in one trip than my car will in a year!

FYI, Al Gore lives in a mansion that could house 22 families and is heated by Oil, and Ocasio Cortez fly's around in private jets all the time. PHONIES!!!

Things that concern me are the mercury accumulations, etc in our oceans, that make Tuna and Swordfish less healthy than they should be. Unfortunately, I hear next to nothing about fixing it!

On the plus side, our streams, lakes and air have become a great deal cleaner, and it looks like this momentum will continue.

Things like Acid Rain were huge problems in upstate NY, but have been greatly reduced since the 60s and 70s. Ditto DDT.

It makes me laugh that these rich folks go to a convention and then they say that people like me should not be allowed to drive a high performance car. Keep in mind they flew to the convention on a private jet that burned my resource in one trip than my car will in a year!

FYI, Al Gore lives in a mansion that could house 22 families and is heated by Oil, and Ocasio Cortez fly's around in private jets all the time. PHONIES!!!

Things that concern me are the mercury accumulations, etc in our oceans, that make Tuna and Swordfish less healthy than they should be. Unfortunately, I hear next to nothing about fixing it!

On the plus side, our streams, lakes and air have become a great deal cleaner, and it looks like this momentum will continue.

Things like Acid Rain were huge problems in upstate NY, but have been greatly reduced since the 60s and 70s. Ditto DDT.

They don't see it that way. For them the very idea that they can get you to conserve is there only mission. The old do as I say not as I do syndrome. They think by getting you to conserve that they have done there part.
They see themselves as the privileged and everyone else as deplorable's.

9' tall is getting up there. We are about 200' elevation above lake Huron and the west wind is vicious here. Especially in winter. It's wide open for a long way behind my house so I have learned not to stack too high.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Im telling ya. These things DON NOT want to move. They are packed full in the center. It is like a dump truck dumped it there. The wind wont blow it over. We had 80 mph winds last year with faster gusts. Nothing moved.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Got that mouse this morning and found her nest in a house plant. Yeah I murdered the babies...

Put a knot of a shoelace on as a wick and rubbed PB into it. Worked!

Which reminded me its that time of year. So I put out some bar bait around the place. Down to 1 mangy Tom cat so that's not an issue. He ain't gonna catch or eat no dang mice.

awesome. Don't over do it starting out, it will send you to the bathroom on the run ! teaspoon of so maybe to start. But everybody is different. Keep us posted please, good luck.
The Natural Calm seems good for cramps but... Found out it interfers with Warfarin. Pops INR went up to 4.0 pretty sure it's the Magnesium Citrate.

On the plus side the Whey protein seems to give him a little boost and has potassium which should still help with cramping.

The Natural Calm seems good for cramps but... Found out it interfers with Warfarin. Pops INR went up to 4.0 pretty sure it's the Magnesium Citrate.

On the plus side the Whey protein seems to give him a little boost and has potassium which should still help with cramping.

that stinks. sorry to hear that

Got that mouse this morning and found her nest in a house plant. Yeah I murdered the babies...

Put a knot of a shoelace on as a wick and rubbed PB into it. Worked!

Which reminded me its that time of year. So I put out some bar bait around the place. Down to 1 mangy Tom cat so that's not an issue. He ain't gonna catch or eat no dang mice.

I got a bumper crop of mice this year. Was grabbing a hunting tote the beginning of August and saw one on the porch. Started setting out traps and I am over 30 caught so far. Don't think I have ever caught over 10 for a whole season. Glad you got them!

That scrounged apple sure came in handy. Had some friends over and cooked up a batch of ribs. I do them on a sheet for an hour then directly on the grill to finish. Charcoal and some small apple splits for 2 1/2 hours. Oh man my belly aches!!!
34d12d487824e589eed6b07c20da199e.jpg
86038960154c68d3494fa38bf5f6ce0f.jpg
8d9b88b3194e32cad9de16003aaa5f1a.jpg

That scrounged apple sure came in handy. Had some friends over and cooked up a batch of ribs. I do them on a sheet for an hour then directly on the grill to finish. Charcoal and some small apple splits for 2 1/2 hours. Oh man my belly aches!!!

Fantastic!

I'm hungry now!

Got a new/used rig for moving around my scrounged wood. Upgraded from my LX885. Excited for the AC so I can use it in the summer with the inverted splitter I bought a couple months back. They pulled the photos already so this pic is of one a little cleaner :)

View attachment 759329
100% not fair.

Latest posts

Back