Tough decision to make on choosing a saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely true, my point was that buying a 50ccm at 5kg when what you really need is a 35ccm at 4kg might not be the best choice for everyone.
Paying twice the cost for something made for professional use when what you really need is quite affordable might not be the best choice for everyone either.

I'm simply trying to offer a different point of view from all the guys that prefer to use a 441 when trimming the hedge because it makes them feel like a man, I don't need that and I see that it is pointless so I'll leave you to it.
Ok gotcha

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m a bit disappointed because I didn’t get the 261cm I wanted. The wifey took it on herself to surprise me with a saw. I’m now the new owner of a Husqvarna 562xp. It was quite a surprise and I’m a bit disappointed. I haven’t ran the saw yet but maybe I’ll like it and it’ll change my mind.

But she Did at least buy it new at the local shop that I like the best so the support should be good. They also talked her into an extra bar and chain, 20” & 24”, chaps, muffs, gloves, oil, a couple of files, they tried a hard hat too but she knew I already had a few from my profession.

They made out like a bandit on their sale....

Sir, you have a wonderful wife. I promise you won't be disappointed with a 562xp. IMO it's the best 60cc saw out there. You can always buy a 261 later on and if you spend much time on this site, you will have one plus a couple other saws you don't need.
Your wife obviously loves you very much to buy you such a great saw. Go run that thing and be happy.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I’ll have a 261cm eventually, maybe sooner than later. Maybe in a week it two lol.
Yes you will. You are in the early stages of CAD my friend and there is no known cure. Let the new wear off of the 562 then go get that 261. Or go get it now. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

But she Did at least buy it new at the local shop that I like the best so the support should be good. They also talked her into an extra bar and chain, 20” & 24”, chaps, muffs, gloves, oil, a couple of files, they tried a hard hat too but she knew I already had a few from my profession.

I would hang on to that woman!!!

You got a good woman there, sir.

Stihl ms261 one of the best Stihl ever produced , however if only needing a rescue atv saw why not check out the Echo cs400 more than capable of cutting 2 or so 20" trees a yr . Just saying lol.

Give that Wife a HUG, and the 562 an HONEST Chance, I doubt that you will be disappointed

As to needing a second saw, two ain't enough;):), seriously though, for getting a pinched saw unstuck, I keep a Hatchet and a couple plastic felling wedges on me while cutting, more often than not, I can free a stuck saw faster with those than I can walk back to the truck(Usually Very close to where I am cutting) and get another saw, much Lighter too

Doug :cheers:

Back