Tough decision to make on choosing a saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MS 261 C-M is a great saw. I've mentioned this before numerous times, and I'm going to mention it once again.

Credit card! A lot of them are offering up to a $200.00 cash back on a purchase of at least $500.00 within 90 days of acquiring the card. Earlier this year, I applied for a new card and was approved. I used that card to buy my Ms-241 C-M. I got $150.00 back in the form of a credit that was applied to my account.

Do a search of best credit card offers online. You'll get quite a few hits. Do some research and find the best offer for you. I've purchased quite a few of my Stihl machines with credit cards. I've saved some serious money.

Ok, maybe backwards wasn’t the right word. When i ran the Mark II it just didn’t feel as well balanced as the first 550 i had now that its almost a pound heavier. Husky used to be the lighter faster saw in different classes. That isn’t true anymore as the with the 261 is a pound lighter and 462 is over a pound lighter than the 572xp also.

Nothing wrong with the new 550xp. I guess i just don’t care for the added weight so bought a 261. Its only my opinion so take it as just that:cheers:

Ok, maybe backwards wasn’t the right word. When i ran the Mark II it just didn’t feel as well balanced as the first 550 i had now that its almost a pound heavier. Husky used to be the lighter faster saw in different classes. That isn’t true anymore as the with the 261 is a pound lighter and 462 is over a pound lighter than the 572xp also.

Nothing wrong with the new 550xp. I guess i just don’t care for the added weight so bought a 261. Its only my opinion so take it as just that:cheers:
Sounds good Brother, Had my own tree business for 25 years never really worried about weight, always had two huskies and two stihls at all times, still do to this day!

The MS 261 C-M is a great saw. I've mentioned this before numerous times, and I'm going to mention it once again.

Credit card! A lot of them are offering up to a $200.00 cash back on a purchase of at least $500.00 within 90 days of acquiring the card. Earlier this year, I applied for a new card and was approved. I used that card to buy my Ms-241 C-M. I got $150.00 back in the form of a credit that was applied to my account.

Do a search of best credit card offers online. You'll get quite a few hits. Do some research and find the best offer for you. I've purchased quite a few of my Stihl machines with credit cards. I've saved some serious money.

I’m all about credit cards! We put a lot on cards every month and always pay them off. Our last vacation, the flyer miles alone paid for 13 people’s airline flights for our cruise and back. Didn’t cost us a dime. Those flyer miles are priceless!!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m a bit disappointed because I didn’t get the 261cm I wanted. The wifey took it on herself to surprise me with a saw. I’m now the new owner of a Husqvarna 562xp. It was quite a surprise and I’m a bit disappointed. I haven’t ran the saw yet but maybe I’ll like it and it’ll change my mind.

Wow - your wife bought you a 562xp! Give that girl a prize! :numberone:

LOVE my 2013 562xp ....

562xp = Twin Turbo F-150 Raptor
261 c-m = Toyota Tacoma 6 Cylinder TRD

:D

No flames necessary, I have both saws and they're both great.

Wow - your wife bought you a 562xp! Give that girl a prize! :numberone:

LOVE my 2013 562xp ....

562xp = Twin Turbo F-150 Raptor
261 c-m = Toyota Tacoma 6 Cylinder TRD

:D

No flames necessary, I have both saws and they're both great.

I’m hoping for better than that. I’m not impressed with raptors. My BIL has one. I like my diesel much better. Now, I would take one of his lambos over my super duty. Lol

And if the 261 really relates to the Toyota 6cyl, that’s good and bad. My 2019 toyota 4runner trd ORP is a real dog, legendary reliability but, slow....

I’m hoping for better than that. I’m not impressed with raptors. My BIL has one. I like my diesel much better. Now, I would take one of his lambos over my super duty. Lol

Ok - nix the raptor- run with Ferrari!

Bascially, the 562xp is a smooth BEAST, even fully stock - do a muffler mod, sink its bar into a log and if you're not happy with it, throw it my way and I'll take that miserable POS off your hands :p

The only time I reach for saws other than my 562xp, is if I'm into wood under about 14".

I’ve not run it yet and not sure if I will. I’m contemplating asking the dealer if I can swap it for the stihl 362. I bought a Husqvarna 359 years ago and had nothing but problems and sold it within a few months. Left a bad taste in my mouth. But I don’t wanna hurt the Wifey’s feelings. Not sure what to do....

. I’m contemplating asking the dealer if I can swap it for the stihl 362.

Oh the HORROR! :cold:

I've had a 362 standard carb (for a short while), and it was sort of similar to my 562xp, but not as hot or as ergonomically nice to throw around.

Ideally, you'd have someone close by to try theirs and then you'll know what you like.

IMHO, 562xp is the one to beat in the 60cc class.

I’ve not run it yet and not sure if I will. I’m contemplating asking the dealer if I can swap it for the stihl 362. I bought a Husqvarna 359 years ago and had nothing but problems and sold it within a few months. Left a bad taste in my mouth. But I don’t wanna hurt the Wifey’s feelings. Not sure what to do....
I would not trade it for a 362. The 562 is a must better saw. If you have to trade it, get the 261 and some extras to make up the price difference. The 562 is a great saw, don't let one bad experience turn you away from a great saw.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Keep the 562. I have all Husqvarna saws and my friend has all Stihl. We run saws together a few times a year. Basically we both have CAD. The 362 seems too slow down in the cut too much in my opinion. Maybe its just the sound that the saw makes. I strongly believe that my friend doesn't like to run his 362 around me for this reason. He always shows up with his 661 in hand even when I say we are cutting smaller stuff today. The Stihl 661 does kick ass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd look at it this way ... Your wife did you a BIG favour by buying you the more expensive, more jam, hot rod!
Now at your leisure over the coming months, you can go out and buy the cheaper, less powerful 261 c-m for those lighter weight jobs, and justify to wifey saying 2 saws is an essential safety first procedure all smart wood cutters must abide by. :D :cheers:

I’m keeping the 562. It was a gift from the wifey and she spent a lot of effort into picking it out for me. I’d be an ass to return it. I’ve done lots of reading about it now and like what I’ve read. It’ll compliment the 260 very nicely. I think I need a small top handle now, too. Lol. I have a tool addiction big time! It’s always been in metal working or mechanic tools but I think it’s about to spill over into chainsaws.

I’m keeping the 562. It was a gift from the wifey and she spent a lot of effort into picking it out for me. I’d be an ass to return it. I’ve done lots of reading about it now and like what I’ve read. It’ll compliment the 260 very nicely. I think I need a small top handle now, too. Lol. I have a tool addiction big time! It’s always been in metal working or mechanic tools but I think it’s about to spill over into chainsaws.

Those little 562 are impressive little saws I’ve been amazed how well it will handle a 32 out here on the west coast
8fcbad9053a778e20ff0b1d775a7a9cc.jpg

Only thing I’d add is for break in is to run it hard to setup the auto tune, this is how mine got broke in falling oversize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back